Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser Topic
Let's say I already performed a search for a specific track by a specific artist, so only that track obviously shows up in the listings for that search. Now let's say that track is on both the original album & a Greatest Hits album as well & I want to see the listings for that Greatest Hits collection...OR...I want to see all of the tracks in that specific key or BPM. Would it be possible to make it so we can click on a certain field within a track listing (artist, album, key, BPM) & see all of tracks in that specific criteria without having to go up & do another search? This would be a handy feature whether I already did a search or I'm inside a playlist in the browser & want to see other songs on an album by an artist in that playlist...or all of the songs by that particular artist....without performing another search, but doing so with a click. Thinking in terms of efficiency here & trying to save time & keystrokes on the keyboard. I'm also thinking in terms of how this can be done in music platforms like Tidal, Spotify, etc. Hoping this makes sense to someone here, as I brought this up in the support group on FB & it kinda flew over some heads. Thanks :-)

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 10:20 pm

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 10:26 pm
You can also program custom buttons to do that.
For instance:
search `get_browsed_song album`

Also some skins offer such buttons hardcoded on the skin itself.
However none of these methods will initiate a "secondary" search as you suggest. It will replace the current search with a new one.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 22 @ 1:27 pm

Posted Fri 18 Feb 22 @ 6:50 pm