Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: locking cues
is there a way to lock cues and loops so i cant left click and delete them i love to prep stuff even if its just for fun. I have deleted stuff back in the day when had a few happy pops then later was mad.

Posted Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 4:54 am
Allready possible:
lock_cues

It works PER TRACK though.

Posted Tue 08 Feb 22 @ 12:40 pm
is there a explanation of how to do this .. seems like a lot of work. wish there was a simple lock for the song so your could lock the song so it cant be edited with out the lock . i see millions of possibilities of massive song load features. cues , samples , loops effects and more.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 22 @ 7:43 pm
Just use the PAD MENU button (on HOTCUES pad page) and select "Read Only (Lock)"
This will lock the cues on that particular track.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 22 @ 8:11 pm
It would be great to have a master setting to lock specific sections for all tracks.
I too have deleted cues accidentally :(

Posted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 9:01 am
DJ Talotres wrote :
It would be great to have a master setting to lock specific sections for all tracks.
I too have deleted cues accidentally :(

But how would you define the sections?

In most cases tracks can be part of different collections (more than one playlist, virtual folder, filter folders and so on)
And a global lock doesn't really help, since you usually have to make cue adjustments to a few(newer) tracks while DJing
So lock per track seems to be the best way

Posted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 9:11 am
What is so amazing about VDJ is that you add that feature .. and taylor it exactly to your liking, if you wanted a more master type control, in addition to the per track Cue locking.

For example:
Create a custom button, "Lock Cues", to toggle your variable (to allow or not allow cues to be deleted) with:
toggle $cueLock

And then mod the padpads (or create dups with your mods) of those functions you wish to lock, say you don't want to delete cues, but want to be able to still add them, then for the shift pad functions only change:
delete_cue 1

to
var $cueLock ? nothing : delete_cue 1

use similar construction to mod all features/operations (loops etc) that you want locked when you have the, Lock Cues, button ON.

---------
Virtual DJ is the Best ! !

Posted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 10:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
^could make it a persistent variable ^
toggle @$cueLock

other way you could
ONSONGLOAD
lock_cues on

setting cues would need a edit though, to not be a nuisance.
has_cue X ? hot_cue X : lock_cues 0 & hot_cue X & lock_cues 1

Posted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 10:43 pm
locodog wrote :
^could make it a persistent variable ^
toggle @$cueLock

Yes.. even a better... you ROCK Locodog !

-----
And love the other solution also, depending on level/style of locking that one wishes (ie no way to turn off the locking with a master button) yet allows all cues to be set easily, and not deleted (unless allowed per track).

So many options, one can create exactly what you envision works best..
Again VDJ is the Best ! !

Posted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 11:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Allready possible:
lock_cues

It works PER TRACK though.

How would I add this lock_cues to each track... Thank you

Posted Fri 12 Jul 24 @ 2:00 pm
Use the ONSONGLOAD to call that verb for the keyboard mapper

Posted Fri 12 Jul 24 @ 3:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
locoDog wrote :