Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automatic history playlist update
MC242PRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hallo, is there any way to automatically update the history playlist with every new play song? I'm streaming and it would be great to have an automatically updated window with the songs. I have a window with the songs. But they don't update!
Anyone?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 8:40 pm

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 9:18 pm
A complete playlist would be even better, but that helps already! Thank you very much!!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 9:38 pm
have a look at this file

\Documents\VirtualDJ\History\tracklist.txt

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 10:21 pm
What I mean is it would already help if the history playlist within Virtual DJ would be updated with every song, but I must manually update it...
But thank you. I am learning interesting things here!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 10:54 pm
the history does auto update depending on a couple factors 1 the file is audible and 2 the setting in options HistoryDelay default is 45 seconds

Posted Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 11:12 pm
The file is definitely audible e.g. I am playing it. I didn't know about the second thing! I will try that ! Thank you! :)

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 1:02 am
Ah I see now what you mean. The history delay is after what time the song appears in the history list. But still I have another problem. I will explain it more detailed.

I have the history playlist open in VDJ. But it does not show the latest played songs until I refresh the playlist. I am coming from Rekordbox. And in Rekordbox the latest songs would automatically appear there. I would appreciate if this would be the same in VDJ.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 1:04 am
Well for most cases there's no real usage benefit to constantly update the history playlist "on the fly"
However you can bypass this limitation by creating a filter folder instead.
Filter folders update dynamically. So it should work as you expect.
The drawback is that filter folders don't save their "contents" on a file.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 12:22 pm
For me the use case is that I can share the playlist part of the VDJ window in a stream so that the audience knows what I've been playing. But thank you for this as well. I will have a look into the filter folders. :)

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 1:55 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Well for most cases there's no real usage benefit to constantly update the history playlist "on the fly"
However you can bypass this limitation by creating a filter folder instead.
Filter folders update dynamically. So it should work as you expect.
The drawback is that filter folders don't save their "contents" on a file.

I have tried your suggestion. I didn't even have to create the filter folder as the folder "Last played" was already there. But this folder is not dynamically updated. Just like the history folder. It has the same behavior unfortunately... Or is there a setting that I have overlooked?

Posted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 2:05 am
Create this one:

Posted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 5:12 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Create this one:

Thank you very much! This finally works and the played track is updated on the fly!
Great! Now I have only one question left:
When I have a look in the history playlist I can customize the displayed columns. And there is this column called "order" in my German VDJ "Reihenfolge". This is very important to me. But I cannot find it as a column in the filter folder.
Is there any chance to get the order of the tracks in the filter folder?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 4:22 am
Unfortunatelly, no.
Because filter folders are queries, their results have no particular order.
Sure you can order their view by any column, but that's not what "order" field shows anyway.

Perhaps if you could provide more details of what you're after we could help you more.

PS: On the filter above, the last row is telling the filter to use a specific order (by the time the track was last played)
You can also reverse this order by changing the third field of that row if that's what you're after.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can open your filter in advanced mode and add 'sort by lastplay' at the end (or 'sort by lastplay invert') this will automatically sort the filter results by the time the songs were last played.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 10:03 am
Thank you so much! Yes, I guess both ways you suggest will work okay for me then. I have already recognized that when I sort the tracks by the time played, it will have the same effect as a numbered order. And sort by lastplay e.g. lastplay invert is also a great way. I will try both and stick with what works best for me. :)

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:07 pm
Hello friends . I have a doubt about how to hide the time of the history tracklist, that is to say that it does not appear 12:30: ... what can I do, since I use this txt to use metadata and it comes out with the local time

Posted Mon 13 Jun 22 @ 11:29 pm
labbedjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
MC242 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Create this one:

Thank you very much! This finally works and the played track is updated on the fly!
Great! Now I have only one question left:
When I have a look in the history playlist I can customize the displayed columns. And there is this column called "order" in my German VDJ "Reihenfolge". This is very important to me. But I cannot find it as a column in the filter folder.
Is there any chance to get the order of the tracks in the filter folder?

Excelent SOlution ! I am using it now!

Posted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 3:52 am