Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: DDJ-FLX6 Merge FX still missing.
Greetings,

Still wondering when we are going to get the Merge FX controls for the FLX6. It's been over a year and not heard anything on this being implemented yet.

Is this going to be added?

Posted Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 11:51 pm
I have no way of knowing, but I doubt it - It's an old controller now
As I see it it's not because of the feature itself - it's just stacked effects with a knob, sometimes combined with a sample
I think it's because there is no place in VDJ where you have the user interface to set up a collection of effects to be stacked and used at the same time, and combine it with a release/exit effect or sample. And it's a bit much to build that just to support 1 feature on 1 controller
But you can of course script it yourself. It is just a midi button and a midi knob
I did a video on that:

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 6:19 am
I have a real hard time getting my head around VDJ's scripting language syntax as it's not very well documented. They don't have a wiki showing what the augments that can be used with what variables and functions. We JUST got delays and wait times in a recent EA release.

I'm still hoping for the function on it. Although I don't know if I would call it old yet. It launched in November 2020 so just a bit over a year old at this point. ~shrugs~

Thanks for sharing the video. Do you have any more or a better syntax reference for the VDJ scripting language than what's no the main website here?

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 11:14 pm

Posted Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 9:11 am