Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Windows 11
Has anyone had experience with Windows 11 yet? I am a long time paid user of of Virtual DJ and recently purchased a new laptop to exclusively use virtual DJ. The new laptop is not as powerful as my current laptop but still far exceeds the hardware requirements stated online for the software. The biggest difference is it has Windows 11. Virtual DJ has been freezing and crashing or simply not working at all. Trying to troubleshoot if anyone else has experienced something similar and if a windows downgrade will resolve or I need a new more powerful laptop with Windows 11 going forward. Will VirtualDj be providing an update for Windows 11? Will Windows 11 require a change in the hardware requirements?

Posted Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 8:04 pm
VirtualDJ is absolutely capable to run under Windows 11.
Also for the most part, the requirements of Windows 11 alone are far more than what VirtualDJ needs to run.

HOWEVER, at this point what's not 100% tested and ready are various device (controllers and/or sound interfaces) drivers!

Most hardware manufacturers including Pioneer, Denon and others suggest that for the moment you should avoid upgrading to Windows 11 until they check and probably update (if needed) their drivers.

Finally, it would be nice if you could list here the specs of your Win 11 laptop.
If it has 4 gigs of RAM for instance, then yes it's not going to be smooth even if Windows 11 can "run" on 4 gigs.
Also if you want to use stems you need to go far beyond minimum requirements.
So please let us know your Win11 machine specs so that we can answer more precisely to your question

Posted Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 9:13 pm