Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Smart play per deck
Hi everyone
I have a ddj rr and since I am not using the sampler sync and sampler cue buttons (between the 2 channel faders) what would be the correct scripts to add to the buttons so by pressing either one I can enable and disable the smart play per deck ?
Even better if I could have them light up when enabled and no light when disabled .

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 28 Aug 21 @ 10:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
smart_play

Posted Sat 28 Aug 21 @ 11:46 pm
yes, i tried that but it only seems to enable or disable the right deck, it can not specify which deck to enable-disable.

is there some way to specify "deck 1" or "deck left" & "deck 2" or "Deck right" in the script , so each button corresponds to the correct side deck ?

i have already mapped out on custom buttons on each side of the skin and they work normal :
the left deck custom button enables or disables the left deck when pressed, and the right deck custom button on the does the same for right deck .

and it would be very useful i they could illuminate or blink when on .

i am trying to reduce mouse use while playing...

thanks again for your patience

Posted Sun 29 Aug 21 @ 9:31 am
I do not have a DDJ-RR controller. Looking at the Mapping though, this may work.

for the button Mappings:

SAMPLER_SYNC = deck 1 smart_play

SAMPLER_CUE = deck 2 smart_play

this should toggle Auto Sync per deck ON and OFF (and should see change on skin with 3rd sync indicator lighting)

and for the LED Mappings on the DDJ-RR: (use the Key drop-down to find the 2 currently unmapped LEDs)

LED_SAMPLER_SYNC = deck 1 smart_play ? on : off

LED_SAMPLER_CUE = deck 2 smart_play ? on : off

to turn the LEDs on when smart_play (auto sync) in ON and be OFF when smart_play if off.
(fingers crossed that those LEDs on the DDJ-RR can be midi-controlled, most likely they can)

If you prefer the LEDs to blink, change the above mappings to:

LED_SAMPLER_SYNC = deck 1 smart_play ? blink 300ms ? on : off : off

LED_SAMPLER_CUE = deck 2 smart_play ? blink 300ms ? on : off : off

Posted Sun 29 Aug 21 @ 6:18 pm