Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: relocate
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I keep getting missing files; even after relocating them they
still appear missing the next time VDJ is opened.
Even the history files from a week ago show missing.
Using relocate, does not find them. I need to type in the name in order to find the
missing file. The items missing are one that have been played multiple times.
I have done a database remove missing; but they still missing next time VDJ is opened.
Laptop is a PC.

What else is there.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 7:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
First check what's wrong exactly with these missing files.
Right-click them and open the Tag Editor, and check the full path at the bottom.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 7:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Been in this exact situation [resolved recently, but had the same 20 or so files reappearing... [re-disappearing... ] in my missing filter for over a year [I'm lazy.]

the cause is either a playlist or a virtual folder holds an incorrect name or location for a file.

it seems that a file that is "missing" [by reference of a playlist or VF] the PL or VF is not updated when you relocate.

my problem was especially "spicy" as the VF was buried deep in an folder I don't often go into [probably moved it by mistake], and I have my root folders recursed.

that should be clue enough for you, but windows search now searches in file so that can help too [search for the presumed/missing filename]

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 8:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you can't find it, make a backup inside vdj, and host on dropbox [send me a link as PM]

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 8:18 pm
K0mixPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue with ~80% of my library after migrating to a new PC

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 11:25 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can't remember for sure how. Sent file to Locodog; he's the man. Maybe you can reach out to him.
If I remember right, it was quite extensive work on his part.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 1:17 pm
K0mixPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Oh goodness, sounds like a big job. Cheers!

Posted Sun 24 Jul 22 @ 12:07 am