Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: BPM editor add marker with keypress + undo functionality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Apologies if I'm missing anything here but there doesn't seem to be the ability to add markers with a keypress in time with the beat when playing through a track in the BPM editor (like the x key does when editing in Serato). Clicking the 'add marker' button is cumbersome & quite laggy when using it in real time.

Also there doesn't seem to be a way to do undo actions in the editor other than clicking the 'remove marker' button. Undo functionality via 'Ctrl-z' or similar would be great.

Please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong, otherwise these inclusions would be very useful...

Posted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 3:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's hard to see [it could really do with being cleared that blue is super faint with either dark or light theme] but
tab
shift+tab
will move round objects in the bpm editor, after that Enter key will push that button.
Ideally in my reckoning there should be a next/previous anchor buttons.
but also a host of ALT+key shortcuts. Also a beat 1 of 32 check box.
My opinion on the window editors, they're ok for 1 offs with the mouse but I don't think it's been thought about how horrible it is to use for lots of tracks.

Posted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 3:39 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Cancel and abort ... the dream
Shortcuts and tooltips in Editors
how many time the request was made ^^

Posted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 3:57 am
locodog wrote :
it's hard to see [it could really do with being cleared that blue is super faint with either dark or light theme] but
tab
shift+tab
will move round objects in the bpm editor, after that Enter key will push that button.
Ideally in my reckoning there should be a next/previous anchor buttons.
but also a host of ALT+key shortcuts. Also a beat 1 of 32 check box.
My opinion on the window editors, they're ok for 1 offs with the mouse but I don't think it's been thought about how horrible it is to use for lots of tracks.

Thanks for the tip Locodog - that certainly helps & hopefully the devs will add revamping this area to their todo list & make it a bit more user friendly.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 3:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)