Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound issues on PC
Mep002AHome userMember since 2021
I was wanting to try out VDJ Pro for broadcasting with my DDJ400 and I am currently on the 30-day trial. Right now I can get the music out of the headphones connected to the controller, but I get no sound going to my speakers connected to my PC.

I have gone through the set-up:
output: speaker+headphone
hardware: Pioneer DDj-400
Inputs: Microphone

The outputs look like this:
master: 2-DDJ-400 (WASAPI) chan 1&2
headphone: 2-DDJ-400 (WASAPI) chan 3&4

Inputs:
mic: USB Audio CODEC (WASAPI)

The speakers work fine when I am doing anything else on my PC, including Rekordbox. But just can't get it on VDJ.
Any advice?

Posted Sun 11 Jul 21 @ 7:28 pm
The speakers ideally need to be connected to the DDJ-400 - especially as that's how you have it set.

Setting VDJ 'master' output to DDJ-400 will require the speakers to be connected to the controller (as it's designed to be used).

Posted Sun 11 Jul 21 @ 8:05 pm
If there is no way to route my sound through my PC and my controller then VDJ is simply a waste of my time and makes me glad that there was a 30-day trial.

Posted Sun 11 Jul 21 @ 11:28 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
in audio settings add a new line
"master" select your pc sound board and channels

Posted Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 12:22 am
Thank you NICOTUX, this is what I was looking for. I knew there had to be a way to do it.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 12:53 am
Using the audio interface of the DDJ-400 is not a "waste of time" - that's the way it's supposed to be used.

You'll get better sound from the DDJ-400 than you will from your computer, especially when it comes to latency (which needs to be low for DJing purposes).

Also, using two different interfaces (headphones in one, speakers in the other) will likely cause the two different sources to be out of sync.

I strongly advise you to use the DDJ-400 output.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 4:41 pm