Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Wish for a controller like the Denon Prime 4 that has VDJ installed as the main software. Bye bye laptop.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 9:35 pm
Would probably still have to be Windows based though and that's the problem.

An all in one running VDJ would be magnificent. Denon Prime does not cut it at all.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 10:36 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Denon Prime does not cut it at all.

Disagree. I've had my Prime 4 for about a year now, and I love it.

@DJDonchino it seems to me like what you need is a Prime 4. Bye bye laptop.

Posted Tue 06 Jul 21 @ 5:24 pm
Atomix should be a subcontractor to work on Denon's development and help speed it up.

It's so bloody slow I've never seen anything like it. Lots of promises but very little delivered. And it's been like that for years now. I guess it's a combined pool of devs between all the in-music brands and Denon gets literally nothing.

They introduce bugs in new versions that weren't there before then take months and months to fix them, if at all.

Serously disappointed in Denon of late. Not convincing me to move away from the laptop and VDJ one little bit.

Posted Tue 06 Jul 21 @ 6:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
Denon Prime does not cut it at all.

Disagree. I've had my Prime 4 for about a year now, and I love it.

@DJDonchino it seems to me like what you need is a Prime 4. Bye bye laptop.

Prime 4 standalone sucks after using vdj for so long and you realize how much options you lose. It can't even do videos.... I sent mines back, nothing beats a laptop with vdj right now.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 8:33 pm
Agreed.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 8:49 pm
I had a brief look at the Prime 4 a few months ago. The more I looked into it the more I don't want it. I've invested far too much time in VDJ since 2006/7 and have it just the way I like it. There's no other software that comes close.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 12:24 am
DJDonchino wrote :
It can't even do videos

Well no, because it wasn't designed to play videos. Very little DJ standalone hardware can play video.

With the Prime 4 though, you can hook it up to VDJ and use all VDJ's features (as I do on live streams every week) and you also have the backup of standalone capability should the computer die (etc).

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 4:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)