Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New Ask The DJ functionnalities

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I would like to create a web application to complement VirtualDJ.

The goal of the application would be to give the possibility to add a music to the automix list via the public network with a possibility to secure the page with a password/QR Code if needed. With the possibility to add a verification system for the DJ to accept or not the request.

This would allow people to choose the music they want, without necessarily asking the DJ.

For this need to communicate with the VDJ database (TCP or XML DB) and especially to be able to communicate with the software to tell it what music to add to the automix list (via TCP like VDJ Remote does) but there will be only access to the music list and the addition only to the list and not a control of the other VDJ functions.

Sincerely,
Theo

Posted Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 4:17 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
user21194992 wrote :
Hello,

The goal of the application would be to give the possibility to add a music to the automix list via the public network with a possibility to secure the page with a password/QR Code if needed. With the possibility to add a verification system for the DJ to accept or not the request.

This would allow people to choose the music they want, without necessarily asking the DJ.

For this need to communicate with the VDJ database (TCP or XML DB) and especially to be able to communicate with the software to tell it what music to add to the automix list (via TCP like VDJ Remote does) but there will be only access to the music list and the addition only to the list and not a control of the other VDJ functions.

Sincerely,
Theo

Nice idea, but for me personally not even an option to enable this.
- you share the complete collection to public network? How to secure this stuff?
- if I like music requests, for example on a wedding, than I like the interaction with the guest. As well an option to discuss things or explain refuses
- if I make a set...I don´t care about musci wishes. Not paid for that, not the format for that.

Ask the DJ is for me, as is, perfect. I would say: if this function is enhanched into some kind of "adding to whatever list by auto" I would immediately disable it.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 4:16 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
can be scripted,
I did askthedj automatic requests experiments for karaoke years ago, full code was published in this forum when I deleted it from my computer - (was not able to find it again though)
maybe someone still have testing "KaraokeAuto" pad or the link to forum thread

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 4:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
user21194992 wrote :
...With the possibility to add a verification system for the DJ to accept or not the request.

That's no different to now then really.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 5:04 pm
Heltino wrote :
user21194992 wrote :
Hello,

Sincerely,
Theo

Nice idea, but for me personally not even an option to enable this.
- you share the complete collection to public network? How to secure this stuff?
- if I like music requests, for example on a wedding, than I like the interaction with the guest. As well an option to discuss things or explain refuses
- if I make a set...I don´t care about musci wishes. Not paid for that, not the format for that.

Ask the DJ is for me, as is, perfect. I would say: if this function is enhanched into some kind of "adding to whatever list by auto" I would immediately disable it.

"you share the complete collection to public network? How to secure this stuff?"

The collection will be accessible, but it would work in the same way as the vdj search. It could be public, or private via a QR code or password for unique for the evening.
It could even have the possibility to check the GPS location of the person in the radius of an event if needed, that's possible too.
But only the title & artist could be accessible, or also a pre-listen why not it's not impossible to cut a part of the file in instant, but requires more resources.

"if I like music requests, for example on a wedding, than I like the interaction with the guest. As well an option to discuss things or explain refuses"

If it can have interaction yes, it's better. But for example some people can set up their equipment and at the beginning of the evening not be present or whatever for some reason. The guests can listen to the music they want anyway. Or a party with friends when you are not necessarily next to the PC it could be convenient to manage it remotely.

"if I make a set...I don´t care about musci wishes. Not paid for that, not the format for that."

It all depends on the service, but these features could be useful for others!

"Ask the DJ is for me, as it is, perfect. I would say: if this feature is improved to a kind of "add to any list by auto", I would disable it immediately"

There you go, it all depends on the person. The goal would be to make it scalable.
If you want security you can put it in, but if you don't want security you can take it out
If you want a verification as said in the post for the addition you can go through a validation of the DJ (with the possibility of communication on a reason for refusal or indicate that it will pass later). What AskTheDJ does already more or less on this point.
We could also put limits on the number of requests per person or in time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicotux wrote :
can be scripted,
I did askthedj automatic requests experiments for karaoke years ago, full code was published in this forum when I deleted it from my computer - (was not able to find it again though)
maybe someone still have testing "KaraokeAuto" pad or the link to forum thread

I've never seen this, it's interesting, but I think a script will unfortunately be too limited for what I'm asking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

locodog wrote :
user21194992 wrote :
...With the possibility to add a verification system for the DJ to accept or not the request.

That's no different to now then really.

Yes on that point not really. The goal would be to enrich AshTheDJ with new features.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 5:52 pm
Would like an option that keeps the notification on the screen until I x it out. If I turn my back I don’t notice someone sent a request.

Also able to be able to customize the webpage. Would like a field that says artist and another that says title.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 9:33 pm
DJDonchino wrote :
Would like an option that keeps the notification on the screen until I x it out. If I turn my back I don’t notice someone sent a request.

Also able to be able to customize the webpage. Would like a field that says artist and another that says title.

For the notifications via VDJ I don't think it's feasible at the moment (it seems to me that there is no system like that), on a web interface it's totally possible to leave a notification during a certain duration that could be configurable as desired.

For the fields part, the communication with the database would allow a direct search via the name of the artist and/or the music that more or less corresponds to what you are looking for.

I think to make a personal version with a web interface in the weeks to come, I will inform you after this post.

Posted Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 9:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)