Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cues on waveform

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I really believe this would be a gamechanger and is definently possible to do, but needs some gui tweaks as its a combination of whats there already and it’s ti display data already accessible but in away that makes it deadly.
So the waveform shows markers of the cues for the track. So my idea is to have those arranged below or above and alongside to have the cues of the opposite track alongside. So when you have the data showing how many beats until a cue is away, having markers alongside the opposite track can show you quickly and instantly the perfect place to start playing the new track as long as you place cues on all relevant drops breaks etc, then you can have drops placed exactly, so every mix will be one of those ones that drop just right. This is possible but you have to do some counting and sometimes the placement will miss in the time spent, i often work it out before playing, but this way can be done just by moving the jogwheel and be as simple as when you search through a track, and no mistakes by miscounting. It can be used for so many things and takes features which allow amazing things to be done in such an intuitive way, and it’s something that i can see being used pretty much all the time

Posted Sun 27 Jun 21 @ 8:44 pm
what a plumb I am, It’s starring me right in the face, the 2 waveforms are side bu side with the cues showing. Its just cause I always have them zoomed in.
And u can zoom right out and pull tracks and start them miles before the start
Sorry

Posted Sun 27 Jun 21 @ 8:50 pm
aha found something, would it be possible to male it so that a track can be pulled back more than the minus 5 bars so thatiy can be alinged closer to the end if the current track.
like how the track can continue playing infinitely past its actual physical length.

Posted Sun 27 Jun 21 @ 8:57 pm
I remembered now thats why i had the idea, becuase if a track has just started unless its played and close to where u want you have to use the hit cues beats display and calculate, so I havent been using the wave form alingment. but i can use it before hand to prep. But the point is to be able to do it live. So being able to pull back infinitely would make it possible. I bet thers a box to untick

Posted Sun 27 Jun 21 @ 9:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you get 30s prior the real file start, that's a coded limit.
A wish would be the ability to loop this silence [has another application than your wish]
You could try setting waveformCenter left to see more of the track, it feels weird at first but you relearn where to look over a couple of days.
You could just loop the intro with the fader closed.
Other things could be cues as markers, I break a track up into 64,96,128 's, whatever fits the structure, if a track has an over run I place a cue when the over run starts and where it ends [and the track returns to 32s structure]
I can spot 32,64,96,128 passages easy and if I see a smaller gap I know I have a phase breaking section to deal with.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 1:12 am
i already have waveform centred keft so that i can see more of whats coming, and if i looped it wouldnt show me extra, oh i just realised what u ment, you mean loop the start in another application and save, but the thing is i want it for every track as i cue everything and if i could allign drops so they all ways match up, mixes would be amazing

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 3:16 pm
omg when you say phase break do you meanthose parts when people add an extra beat or bar and throw the whole 4/4 rule out so that drops are off. with vinyl they were often a bar, so i wouldnt notice and i would be scrtaching my head and wondering why my drop was off by a bar.
i use track clean to repeat parts so that if im mixing early the extra bar doesnt theow everything out. when ever i make music
i always incorporate things so that 4/4 always syays, if i slow tempo i woll so exactly half so on return its still in sync

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 3:20 pm
also some people seem to go from 16 to 8 and then it will return to 16 later in the track but sometimes i wanna do something early on, its like they do it on purpose so you have to play most of the track.
I put cue points regulary at every change, not just breaks and drops so when a heavier beat is introduced, so i more or less have like you said, the track broken down into intervals but they are irregular. do you mean to actualy put markers evry 16 32 and son on, becuase i have so many markers already and i use colours etc to show the type of sound introduction or removal. and its these i want to line up so if i want to line up a drop with the start of one and the end of the other i have to wait a while for the track to be ckose enough so i can pull the new one back, so i can start playing and it wont even come in for ages but as you know i only have a few bars blank space to play with

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 3:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no I mean simply loop the start with the fader closed, inside vdj. One thing that would help you is some goto commands. [if you're looking at a clean hot start at the first beat of a track]
As I suggested have the intro looping [fader closed, give you chance to get sync right by ear]
have 3 buttons like this ready
goto -1
goto -8
goto -32
you can correct if the other track breaks 4/4 and for the clean hot start you can jump back to silence in sync ready for the drop

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 4:56 pm
ill do a diagram and show you

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 9:19 pm
it's basically so i can play a track not so it's just 4/4 inline but that i can start it at a point so that a later point lines up with a point to come in the playing track. say like first track has started playing and lets say the 161st bar is the drop when it would be perfect to switch.
the next track has a drop at the 25th bar that i want to end the mix end switch to. So I can calculate this and takeaway the 24 bars from 160 and know which bar I need to start the next track and begin the mix and complete at the end of the 160th bar.
When a track has started and I have to check the bar number of each drop, it takes not forever but the fact that I now need every moment to use all the other features, and if I could just line them up visualy I could maybe pick out quickly another drop that would suit the start of the track better so it starts at a good point and ends transition at a good point. But when a track has just started playing I can't pull the new track back further than a few bars to line up the start with points further along the playing track. It's not just about playing it early before there is any track to play, it's also about being able to visually line up points on the fly and picking the best points. Time runs out quickly and then I'm left with less options, and I really want to be able to do this live as I do so much prepping, I want to be more spontaneous with choices, and as I have done so much prepping with hatches I want to take full advantage

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 9:33 pm
EfotekPRO InfinityMember since 2021
It is just a simple visual cue and countdown timer to know when the transition is coming up, correct?

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 11:32 pm
Ill do a video, Ive actually worked out away, and if it works it will be even better than I wanted. It's not that I can't achieve the results I want, it's that I know it can be made easier, and, it's purely because I'm investing in equipment, and depending on what's possible will decide what tools i need.

Posted Sat 10 Jul 21 @ 7:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)