Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: All Cue Points Saved Loop Points etc lost after a period of time.
I'm sick of this and have even thought of leaving VDJ behind because of this issue. Basically ALL of the hard work of editing tracks with cue point loop points beat jumps etc. is inexplicably lost after a certain period of time. These are tracks that I have not changed (altered titles, rescanned etc.) in years and when I get to the gig and load them up they are virgin and wiped free of all the edits I have painstakingly applied. It's like the database is resetting itself with certain tracks for reasons I cannot fathom. Again these are old tracks I have not touched in years that are showing up with no edit/cue points. They load as if they are being analyzed for the first time. I have begged for the feature of storing things like cue points saved action points etc in each individual mp3's metadata to mitigate loss but it seems like my ideas are falling on deaf ears in favor of a bloated centralized database that can be corrupted simply with the passage of time. Any help is much appreciated. I've got full hour long sets with over 100 tracks that have been carefully prepared that have been destroyed and wiped clean leaving no trace of my edits. The location of my tracks has not changed and the only update I make to my database is to batch "add to search db" when I have added NEW tracks to my music crates. This should have NO effect on old tracks unless I am mistaken?

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 8:31 pm