Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix, cross fader staying on one side
Hello experts,

My VDJ just did and update,,,, the early bird thing but its seemed to developed a fault,,, definitely a new thing.

When I use automix with dual deck mode, the crossfader stays on one side, as in, it starts to cross over for the next track but then just on half way, it double backs and cross fades back the same side,,,,, the new track is heard but now the crossfader is on the wrong deck. You can hear the track but if I happen to uses MX-FX then the audio us messed up and not even.

Any thoughts?

VirtualDJ 2021 6525-1803
Controller is Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Thanks guys,

Robbie :)

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 4:39 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
That is a common issue when automix dual deck is initiate from deck 3 or any even deck or trying to automix decks other 1 & 2
VDJ starts by playing deck 3 then it loads alternatively deck 1 and deck 2 with crossfader on the wrong deck
(already reported though but better refresh some issues)

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 5:07 am
thanks for info,

I just tried to start an automix from deck 1,,, cross fader does the same, starts to go but then doubles back, seems always to deck 1.

I then tried to automix from deck 2, ie put song on deck 2 first then try to automix and seems same problem,,,, it keeps going back to deck 1.

Audio comes out ok but, if I uses MIX FX they behave differently as in, it sounds different from previous performances and of course the cross fader display seems to want to go automatically back to deck 1.

Still a bit confused.

Problem only seemed to appear since the current update. Not sure how to go back to previous version.

Cheers,

Robert. :)

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 7:03 am
I just updated to version 6525 from 6503 and tested for you, the crossfader works as expected with automix dual deck mode. So works ok or me with both EA builds.

I tested with crossfader set to hamster mode and crossfader still moves to the side with playing deck (but in this case no audio is output since it is hamster mode, ie automix does not work with hamster mode in tested dual deck mode)

And as Nicotux as mentioned, automix can easily get confused in dual mode if you are actively using more the the 2 decks.

Sometimes crossfader can be controlled by the controllers crossfader position, yet still have correct audio in the software. Yet would not change any things directly controlled by your controllers hardware.

(could it be you need to set the controller's crossfader in center?)

To Revert to previous Version.
since this EA 6525 build is first since the 6503 STANDARD release.
1) turn off EA in options (set earlyAccessUpdates to NO)
2) then redownload the 6503 STANDARD release from the download page http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
3) reinstall 6503

if that is what you wish to do

or you could try to solve with more amazing help here.

-----------------------------
using Win 10 build 6525 and 6503 during test
no controllers attached
automix set to Smart and also tested in Fade Remove Silence with 4 sec and 8sec fade times.
all tested configurations worked perfectly for me

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 9:10 am
thanks for your help guys,

I will try later when I can get to my laptop what you have suggested.

I did try the hamster setting, just to see the results but just showed the crossfader on the other side as expected.

Also, I forgot to mention, in my first post, but I already tried the controller set to middle, deck one and then deck 2 on start up,,,, but always would go to deck 1 and do its double back thing on deck 1.

I will do some more testing and find out,,,, got a gig soon and a bit worried its not as it seems.

Cheers,

Robbie :P

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 10:56 am
Oups, I forgot to send post ^^

There is a possibility decks are not 3124 (assign differently to crossfader side)
i.e.: 1234 or thru
Level and duration issues :
depends on crossfader curve in automix dualdeck mode
mix is done by automix itself in single deck mode
thus some differences are possible, specially with edited automix transition

you may try to reset settings:
setting_reset mixerOrder & setting_reset crossfaderCurve & deck 1 cross_assign left & deck 2 cross_assign right & deck 3 cross_assign left & deck 4 cross_assign right & deck 1 automix_dualdeck on & automix

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 1:47 pm
hey man,

That makes sense, deck order.

I do run my software in 4 deck mode even though I only really use 1 and 2,,,, I just like having the other decks for visual display on the software and only ever run straight audio through deck 3 & 4 if I'm using those decks i.e. turntable or mic.

Sorry for basic question but the script you wrote, where do I put that?

When I get a chance I'll check it out again. Thanks heaps!!!

Cheers,

Posted Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 10:14 pm
you can do every action manually with corresponding button and settings
or put it in a custom button

it looks like recent EA b6532 handle the situation a little better

Posted Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks heaps dude!

Cheers for now,

ps how awesome is this VDJ, still get wow'd by how awesome it is daily!!!!

Posted Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 11:40 pm