Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can record - no sound
Hi, I can record, or better to say, there is no sound on my recordings, I followed the tutorial , I actually create a file, but there is no sound , or data on it, I used the default mp3 , it always shows, waiting until sound starts or something

Posted Wed 16 Jun 21 @ 2:31 pm
Do you have an external mixer setup?

Posted Wed 16 Jun 21 @ 2:56 pm
Depends on gear and setup...
What are you using?

And do you have a "Record" entry in VirtualDJ sound settings perhaps., set to a source with no sound?
The record entry in sound settings is there to record external sound inputs (instead of VirtualDJ own internal sound). This should only be used with setups that require such.

Posted Wed 16 Jun 21 @ 3:40 pm
Hi there , I am not using anything external , just straight from a PC , I just downloaded Virtual DJ new, had it all on standard-setting, did not work, so I played around a bit , still does not , it constantly creates this file, which is empty , does not record anything, its frustrating

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 2:53 pm
wickedmix wrote :
Do you have an external mixer setup?
no nothing connected yet, I am stuck in Germany and my mixer is at home :)

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 2:54 pm
can we see a picture of the audio config screen

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 3:18 pm
wickedmix wrote :
can we see a picture of the audio config screen
hello there thanks for answering, here are some screenshots, I also tried already to reinstall , but the program goes back into the initial setup sorry some files uploaded somewhat double

Posted Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 9:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why do you have a record input added? It means it would record from your gaming headset which is probably not what you want

And I don't think you have turntables connected to the same headset either, so you probably should remove the time code inputs as well

Posted Mon 21 Jun 21 @ 9:19 am
Adion wrote :
Why do you have a record input added? It means it would record from your gaming headset which is probably not what you want

And I don't think you have turntables connected to the same headset either, so you probably should remove the time code inputs as well

My friend, that was it :) YOU saved me :) thank you for that , much appreciated, today I will finally record!:)

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 11:02 am