Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I/O error on VirtualDJ/database.xml upon exiting
Not sure if it was because I deleted all my play "history" within VDJ2021, now when I shut down VDJ I get

---------------------------
virtualdj.exe - Device Timeout
The specified I/O operation on \VirtualDJ\database.xml was not completed before the time-out period expired.

Even deleting the xml file (can only see 1), still complains.

Any ideas?

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 12:10 pm
It's usually user/file right issues on the operating system

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 12:54 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
It's usually user/file right issues on the operating system

The mentioned 'VirtualDJ' folder is on a different drive and the .XML is there (contains a playlist).... Deleting it (folder and/or XML file) doesn't help, and I do not see a reference to that 'VirtualDJ' folder anywhere (eg. in settings.xml).

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 1:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's quite normal, vdj makes a database on any drive it finds tracks on, any drive but C it makes a hidden VirtualDJ folder on the root.
C it saves in myDocs>vdj

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 1:41 pm
Yet to try renaming 'settings.xml', but I really don't want to if I can :/

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 3:36 pm
Well, I bit the bullet and renamed settings.xml.. So far, so good. Love to know why that happened though.

While I'm here, you know the tracklistFormat. As I use MixCloud, their tracklists files/format can have timestamps, I understand the timestamps won't be 100%, I noticed when exporting 'history', VDJ adds the time when the next song plays, eg. 17:50, 17:55, etc and not, eg. 00:00, 00:05, etc. Is there a way to get the latter?

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 5:57 pm
Well, rebuilding settings.xml didn't last long..... It started to error again.... Meh!

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 6:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I/O error is an error message displayed by windows directly i think. It should not be just permission problem in that case, but an unexpected problem with the drive.
Probably useful to check the disk for errors.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 21 @ 5:16 am