Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: "Pre-scan" song collection

All the songs in my collection are pre-scanned (Analyze for BPM etc) but the pre-computed stems are NOT saved for any songs in my collection. However, I notice that some songs in my collection load instantly (with the stems analysis done) when I load them to a deck. For most songs, the stem analysis happens after I load it, and takes about 15 seconds for a 4 minute song on my Macbook Air. This behaviour is consistent across sessions and does not depend (only) on whether that song was loaded earlier in the current session.

So clearly there's some caching of some sort involved. Does anyone know how i can 'pre-cache' or preanalyze my entire collection such that ALL the songs load instantly without having to store pre-computed stems?

Posted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 7:09 am
Yes you can. You can right-click them and select "precompute stems"
The only "problem" is that the stems - which are really separated audio files - takes up 3-4 times as much disk space as your audio file

Another thing: There is a cache for the waveform, so that it doesn't need to be recalculated before being drawn on screen. So maybe what you are seeing with the "instant" ones is just that their waveform is ready, but they are actually being stems separated in the background?

Posted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 7:21 am