Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tidal downloads
Hi - is there a way to download an entire tidal folder so it loads instantly when played again?

I right clicked a folder then batch>analyze BPMs, but when I load the track for the first time it still downloads briefly and computes stems. If I load it again though, the full track and stems are available instantly. Essentially I am trying to download and compute all tracks in a folder before a gig so when I need to play it live, I don't have to worry about the extra time needed to stream a track.

Thanks

Posted Sun 30 May 21 @ 11:24 pm
Tidal is streaming only.
You can not download the songs inside VirtualDJ ...

Maybe it will come in future if Tidal adds, but for now, the subscriptions that have offline play are iDJPool, Soundcloud DJ (not Go+), Beatporrt / Beatsorce (limited amount of songs)

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:31 am
I've just started doing this recently with Tidal.

If you have a playlist, you can analyze all the tracks to get BPM and key info. It takes a while, but it does get there eventually. That info stays, as it's added to the VDJ database.

I also selected all the tracks in the list and used Discogs to fetch dates, which is not 100% accurate but it does save adding dates manually. It doesn't take long to correct the few that are wrong.

I've done live streams using these playlists and don't notice any difference with track loading time at all. It feels no different to having the tracks on the hard drive.

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 2:14 pm
I understand the songs don't download, however they must be cached somewhere. When I load a track for the first time, you can see it downloading (it also says downloading) then you can see the stem computation. The downloading is obviously dependent upon your internet. However once I've loaded that track to a deck, the next time I load it on a deck, it doesnt have to download again and will load instantly. This applies between sessions as well; tracks I loaded this past weekend are also loading instantly even after closing VDJ and turning off my computer.

Im not suggesting the files are actually downloading, because they will not load when I turn my wifi off. However it does seem like data from the initial load is queued somewhere and everytime the track is loaded afterwards, it will take no time at all.

The obvious solution is to just manually load each track one by one, which in many cases is feasible, however this past weekend I had 100+ requests in a folder and loading 1 by 1 isn't as easy. Would love if there was a way to load and cache the track data for an entire folder.

I can make a video if others are not seeing the same behavior as I describe above.

thanks

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 10:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is no cache, so loading the song the second time should be about the same as the first time.
The only things that are cached are the bpm/key analysis and the waveform overview.
The analysis will save a little bit of work, but on a modern computer the difference would only be a few seconds at most.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 5:46 am