Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: starting os2L Server
HamItUpPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I have been researching using VDJ to control my lighting rig using OS2L. I see there are several direct implementations, but I have a substantial investment in using ETC Eos software in both my knowledge of using Eos and the hardware required. I use OSC integration into the light rig successfully using MIDI connected devices to bridge software provided by ETC. I would like to go one step further and send OSC commands from VDJ. This should be possible but I can't figure out how to start the services on VDJ. I have set the the IP address in VDJ to the port the EOS software is listening on and turned logging on in EOS. I have configured a simple command in VDJ, but never see any data being sent over network. I see there has been a lot of discussion that you have to send one command from VDJ to start the socket, but I can't seem to find out what that command is. I would appreciate any help someone might give me.

Edit: Sorry I should have included this: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 i5-8258U

Ham

Posted Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 1:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you sure the software you mention supports OS2L?
You mention OS2L first, but then you mention using OSC, which is a different protocol.

Posted Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 2:17 pm
HamItUpPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I am double checking that. My impression was that OS2L was a subset of the OSC protocol.

Posted Tue 20 Apr 21 @ 5:11 pm