Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One noise issue
After playing for an hour or so, when I load a track to the opposite deck, I get a Derrrrrrrr sound. As if the file is garbage..no music..just a nasty Deeeeerrr...The other deck plays fine
If I close the program and restart it works as it should. Any known issues? Using a Dell. My Denon Mc4000 works fine. I have changed the power settings for the USB in the settings and did all the suggested Rane "tweaks"..

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 3:48 am
Not entirely sure by the description of the sound.. .
But could just be that the audio buffer ran dry..

Try set higher buffer on the rane driver. In Windows you usually do this in the driver utility software from the vendor, at mac you do this at the latency setting inside VirtualDJ settings..

Try set to 256 (samples) or even 512 if needed..

(although it would be more a distortion sound, so perhaps thats not what you described)

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 11:01 am
the sound is like if you were to take to RCA terminals and touch them together..

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 12:26 pm
Could be the buffer running dry...
Alternatively a ground issue, where you get interference

Little hard to say, but most common issue is having too little buffer size in the audio driver

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 12:40 pm
Dell computers often cause issues - they need the bundled software removed.

See this thread

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 12:52 pm
When this happens there is no music whatsoever on deck a only the buzzing noise. I will load a new track and I'll do the same thing when I don't have a track loaded it does not do it

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 1:47 pm
jggambini wrote :
When this happens there is no music whatsoever on deck a only the buzzing noise. I will load a new track and I'll do the same thing when I don't have a track loaded it does not do it

Sounds more like you might have a ground loop issue..
Can be tricky to get rid of, but try connect gear on different power sockets etc

And possibly get a ground loop eliminator..

To try verify its a ground loop, see if the noise is gone if you unplug the powercord to the laptop when it happens (run on battery), or touch metal on gear etc

Posted Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:59 pm

Posted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 3:35 pm
That sounds like a typical buffer running dry ...
Try set 256 or 512 as buffer (latency)

At Windows you usually do this at the driver itself with the utility software from the brand (asio).
At Mac set latency in VirtualDJ settings to 256 or 512

If needing a larger buffer than that, you can try the Latency Checker tool to see what prevents real-time audio https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
And both Windows/Mac worth trying to optimize for audio https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/mac-pc-optimization/

Posted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 3:50 pm
I am getting a hum from my speakers when plugged in via my decks. I thought this was the common earth problem but I have noticed that if i close the VDJ application the hum disapears and what ever I play from a web brouser or other music app has no hum with the same wire config trought the decks. As soon as I load VDJ the hum starts again. Is there any setiting I can tweak or has anyone else concored this issue?
Any advise would be great.

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 9:17 pm