Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can I import a pre-recorded mp4 into VirtualDJ to play at the same time as mixing live?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've recorded a 60 minute mp4 blending many different visual effects together generated through VirtualDJ into one movie and would like to play this alongside my set . As I'll be mixing on four decks it'll be a real struggle to mix visual effects as well at the same time.
I thought recording a movie of effects and playing that simultaneously while I mix would help me concentrate on keeping four decks in synch, but I can't seem to see how this mp4 can be uploaded.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is an alternative solution?

Thanks

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 11:43 am
You can do that..
A few ways, but perhaps the best would be just to use the SlideShow video FX, and turn on video file support in the Slideshow settings.. choose the folder with that video file (ideally just that one file since you might not want to rotate between other files)

Thats it ;-)

Could also use the sampler...

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 11:47 am
Thanks Rune for your swift response. I've followed your instructions and choosen Slideshow under Video Effects and it brings up a controller on the right hand side of the screen but when I try to select the file I want to use which is stored on my local hard drive all the mp4 files I've recorded are greyed out and it won't allow me to select any of them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 1:18 pm
Not entirely sure, but sounds like you went one step too far..
you need to select the folder (and not the file)

In other words you shouldnt "see" the mp4s, but rather select the folder they are in

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 1:50 pm
Thank you very much Rune, that's solved the problem - much appreciated 👊👊

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 3:15 pm
ah good good ;-)

Posted Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 3:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)