Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I have a few questions about the scheduler??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a few question about the scheduler
Can it play one file randomly from a folder very 30min??
Can it pay one file randomly from once a week and have like 20 to 30 different of these set??
When you have a schedule set can have it so it plays after the current track is done playing and not interrupt the current track??
How would you go about setting the events with the scheduler??

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 7:35 pm
"after current track is done.."

So you mean do all this in an automix playlists then?
How to do it, depends a bit on how you play the songs

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 7:50 pm
I will be running auto mix from my internet radio station Phat Beats Radio

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 9:15 pm
So..

1) "Can it play one file randomly from a folder very 30min"

Yes, can load a random song from a different playlist every 30 minutes in Event Scheduler.
Not sure why, so perhaps specify what you are trying to achieve.. Playlist rotation or something?

2) "Can it pay one file randomly from once a week "

Thats a bit out of the "scope" of the Event Scheduler (and VirtualDJ) perhaps, I guess you dont have VirtualDJ running non-stop all week? The Event Scheduler is sort of made for regular gigs/sets, that happens within same evening.. .

(there are ways where you could name a playlist after week day etc.. but bit complex perhaps vs just adding songs to the automix one a week? or when you feel like adding something new. Can just drag and drop into the automix window)

3) "When you have a schedule set can have it so it plays after the current track is done playing and not interrupt the current track"

Yes... But I guess you dont want this after every song played? maybe after every 15 minutes, or once an hour or something? Like a radio jingle or what not

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 9:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)