Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Really wierd question... 3 decks?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was thinking of new ways to mix stuff together, and had the idea of using 3 decks (like when you want to mix in a "middle" song... but don't really want to go through playing it just yet). So I have the Hercules DJ Console on the way, which will take care of two decks. After being unsuccessful at selling my DMC-1 controller, I though "what if I just continued to use it, perhapse along with PCDJ Red still (in the background) while I'm using VDJ.

I know it sounds wierd... so help me out if you will. I know you can open up multi instances of VDJ. BUT, do you have a way of telling each deck (or instance) of VDJ that it is assigned to "X" controller, where I won't have to worry about the DMC-1 and the Hercules controller trying to control the same decks... regardless of which instance of VDJ is in the foreground?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 03 @ 4:54 pm
there's no way your computer will be able to hand all that software at the same time. Unless you're using a very powerfull workstation.

I play three tables all the time (well, 4 even..), but i use two turntables and two virtual tables.

it's fun.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 8:53 pm
I already know I can use 3 decks at once because I've done it already (with a 1Ghz Athlon laptop with 512MB ram). I'm just trying to get these guys to tell me whether or not you can assign one controller to one instance of VDJ, and another to the second instance (so that you don't get both controllers trying to control the instance that is active.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 4:22 am
nashHome userMember since 2003
maybe

you should try this

i am not sure . but it might work

fisrt of all plug oine of the Hercules dj console into your pc . then open one virtual dj and activate the hercules dk console

next open another virtual dj but with the hercules dj console unplugged then plug it in again and activate de hercules dj console.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 04 @ 2:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)