Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Show length of a playlist
As I can see this has been asked here some times, yet I dont get why this is not in VDJ yet.

I know automix will show me the length of the songs I put in, but if I have multiple playlists (which I do), then I need multiple steps to find out the length of each playlist.

So I wonder what is the reason NOT to show the total length of a playlist (virtual folder)?

For me it would help me a lot as I dont use VDJ to mix songs but to play them in the length they are. And I need to plan ahead with the total lenght of all of them.

So again, who would be hurt if you show the total length of a playlist just like you do in automix?

Posted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 9:13 am
Can be shown in a few ways..
At your playlists click CTRL+A to select all the songs in the list, right-click and open tag edit.
Total duration of the playlist is shown at bottom

Generally speaking it perhaps for most users makes "less sense" to see length in a playlist view, since DJs mix the songs and hence its much shorter the mix of the songs than the total length of all songs combined

Posted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 3:45 pm
Sounds like you're looking for some sort of radio automation software rather than DJ software.

Anyway all you need to do is ctrl+a and drag the tracks to the automix window to get the total time.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 5:04 pm
"I know automix will show me the length of the song"

But thanks anyway.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 7:44 pm