Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio drop outs with song reload

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This happened to me twice during a 4-hour live performance on a local radio station. The sound dropped out for 1 or 2 seconds and the song reloaded into VDJ and continued to play. No effect was triggered, it just played. What could have happened?

I have WIN 10 full patched, latest VDJ, DDJ-SX2.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 11:48 pm
If the computer is too slow, you can try set mathengine to disabled in settings

(or precompute stems to "only use precomputed" if you still want to use stems on slow computer, but generate the stems at right-click prior to mixing)

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 12:00 am
Mathengine was disabled. I didn't use stems. Just playing song in the middle, without touch to DDJ-SX2. Have you any crash report from my computer, or something?

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 12:05 am
Then all you need is probably just set a higher buffer in the Pioneer Asio driver for the DDJ-SX2.
Drop outs are common when the buffer runs empty. (Although not for 1-2 seconds perhaps)

Try a buffer size of 256 samples or even 512 if needed..
That will hopefully fix it ;-) And if needed you can use this tool to investigate what prevents real-time audio on your computer : https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 12:16 am
It was one long "drop out", maybe 2 sec. or more and song was reloaded into VDJ (with "loading white light effect" in the middle of the scratch platters on DDJ-SX2)

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 12:21 am
124dsHome userMember since 2019
Hi Ludek
I experienced issues while loading a new track as well - but not 2 seconds. Anyhow, at least for my setup this only happens if the deck is in play mode while loading the new song. If the deck to load is on pause I did not have this issue for now.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 21 @ 2:01 pm
Similar issue last night I think (using DDJ400 controller). Drop outs when dragging a new file into Explorer music folder that was the same folder that the currently playing track was stored . Stems were on and Mathengine was on. My settings are below. I use Breakaway Audio Enhancer as kind of a "pipeline" audio routing software to improve sound. I had its output at 41000 but after reading this I think it should be at 48000. .

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 5:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)