Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Option broadcastSongInfo disable seems not to work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi.

For several betas, if we go into options, disabling the "broadcastSongInfo" parameter does not seem to work.

VDJ continues broadcasting the information set in "broadcastSongInfoFormat" of the track that is playing through the different streaming platforms.

Can anyone else confirm if it also happens to him?

Thank you.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 7:09 am
that doesn't work for video broadcasts.

you need to change the video skin

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 10:11 am
You mean on videoskin displayed on the video output?

If its any of the Broadcaster GFX skins you can add the pads to control the skin, and disable title there.
Other skins you might have to quickly edit the skin xml

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/BroadcasterGFX.html

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 3:48 pm
jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi Rune, thanks for your answer.

I don't understand what you mean with "video output" or "video broadcasts". My question is whether you mean that I mix music videos or that I mix music but I appear on webcam playing music.

What I am testing with the betas is the second, that is, a webcam so that through YouTube or Facebook Live you can see me playing music with my music equipment.

Therefore I use the skin that VDJ brings by default, but I don't understand why the track information has to be broadcast with the normal skin if I have "broadcastSongInfo" disabled, and to solve it I need a special skin.

Thanks again.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 7:40 pm
You can turn off the skin, right click the master video view in the software and uncheck "use video skin"

Or use other video skin if you prefer. Some skins show titles.

(I¨ll make an edit to the default videoskin soon so will add feature to disable the titles that way)

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 7:49 pm
broadcastSongInfo setting Only works for broadcasting to a shoutcast or icecast server (unless something has changed)

the others are all video - youtube, facebook, etc

I know its confusing but what you are doing is video regardless of weather you are playing music videos or not :-)

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 11:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)