Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Some Tracks beats are not in synch with horizontal WAVE panel display

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm wondering why when some tracks (very few) are imported into Virtual DJ their beats are out of synch with the horizontal WAVE panel displays visual representation. It's difficult to explain but kinda frustrating. Does anyone have a clue what I mean? Thanks

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 1:56 pm
What do you mean by "their beats are out of sync"?

I suspect what you may be exeriencing is very high latency from your audio setup, meaning that you hear the sound after it's happened on screen.

What's your setup?

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 2:05 pm
I'm trying to upload a screenshot of what I'm on about on here but no luck. So 99% of the tracks I upload to Virtaul DJ (MP3/MP4/WAV) work just fine but there are a couple that just won't cooperate. It appears the audio beat and the visual "beat" on the display WAVE panel are out of synch when they play. I'm no expert obviously but I just can't figure out why some tracks do this. Annoying as fook. Cheers. :)

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 2:15 pm

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 3:22 pm
"Below the waveform there are small blocks named CBG (Computerized Beat Grid), which represent the position of measures. The large blocks represent the beginning of a measure (4:4 time). The CBG of a track is used for synchronization of samples, effects, autosync features and anything else in the VirtualDJ that uses the track’s beat to determine position or timing. The CBG can be altered or adjusted by using the Tap Button, the POI Editor or the BPM Editor."
This is what I needed to know. Had no idea you could go into the POI editor and alter the position of the CBG.
Thank you very much mate! Still learning here... ;-)

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)