Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sound cloud go +

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJK1oneHome userMember since 2019
I am a Sound Cloud GO+ subscriber and on Virtual Dj 2021 it will not connect to My GO+ subscription just regual Sound Cloud which limits my options of music.. Can ANYONE HELP ME??

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 5:39 pm
I would assume that if it's connecting you to SoundCloud, then it's SoundCloud that decides whether or not you're a subscriber. To VDJ, SoundCloud is just SoundCloud.

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 5:44 pm
Sound Cloud is connected to Virtual Dj ...I have the GO+ subscription to Sound Cloud it use to connect to Virtual Dj8 but it won't with this one

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 5:47 pm

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 6:37 pm
Ok I just redid my accounts and the same thing is happening. It connects to Sound Cloud but not Sound Cloud Go+.. Do I need a License from Virtual Dj.. I have DjPool for 9.99 but since my license has expired for my controller do I need that gor my Go+ subscription\

Posted Tue 02 Feb 21 @ 3:33 pm
Fustrating because it worked before on Virtual 8

Posted Tue 02 Feb 21 @ 3:35 pm
DJK1one wrote :
Fustrating because it worked before on Virtual 8

Well, VDJ2021 IS actually VDJ8. More precisely it's v8.5

And Soundcloud as online content source was added in VDJ2018 which was v8.3 - in build 4918 from 2019-05-09
...and I don't think anything has been changed since then

In other words:
No matter if were using VDJ2018 (v8.3), VDJ2020 (v8.4) or VDJ2021 (v8.5), I think you would get the same content from Soundcloud

Then there is the matter of the regular Soundcloud account vs the Go+ account
If you are getting any content at all, then you are using your GO+ account
If you login using a regular account, and tries to load a track like I have just done, you get nothing, except for this message:

So it's most likely simply a matter of Soundcloud deciding on which content to make available to you when it's used as an online source

Posted Tue 02 Feb 21 @ 3:46 pm
Ok ..if I goto just sound cloud I can pull up some songs that are GO+ but when I search them on Virtual Dj them won't come up...

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 2:13 am
DJK1one wrote :
Ok ..if I goto just sound cloud I can pull up some songs that are GO+ but when I search them on Virtual Dj them won't come up...

No, the content you get on Soundcloud directly, and the content Soundcloud choose to let you use externally may not be the same
The same goes for iDJPool by the way

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 3:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)