Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Move To..... command crashing in VDJ 2021 b6280 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I've just updated to my Mac VDJ 2021 to build 6280 and have found that the Move To... command crashes everytime with both audio and video files. I was on the internet, so, 3 crash reports should have registered.

I've just switched to my bootcamped Windows 10 and updated to the Windows version of b6280 and it's working fine on there. Seems to be only a Mac fault.

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017 (Touch Bar), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Big Sur 11.1, 500gb SSD Bootcamped with Windows 10 x64bit. External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music & Video databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2021 b6280 and Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 MkII.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 12:24 am
Dear friend
there is a problem with the update and there are more posts below regarding this
it seems that noone cares from the admins
i have personally send douzens of emails asking them help, and the only help i got, it was an email from them asking me where i download my songs from :)
its so funny.... actually i dont know if i have to cry or laugh with the helpdesk!!
another email from them was to ask me to change skin!!!
THESE PEOPLE ARE CALLED PROFESSIONALS
i dont know else i have to do.... no one cares

Posted Fri 29 Jan 21 @ 12:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I did try to reproduce, buy so far it's working correctly for me on 2 different macs and 2 different pc's

Posted Fri 29 Jan 21 @ 12:45 pm
@Adion - I've updated to VDJ 8.5 b6281 and it's just the same, several crashes every time on both video and audio files. I was using Opera browser then switched to Safari and no difference. Incidentally, this is with none of my Controllers connected, only my external USB hard drive.

P.S. With default Pro skin.

I'm wondering did you notice in the footnote that I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.1. ?

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017 (Touch Bar), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Big Sur 11.1, 500gb SSD Bootcamped with Windows 10 x64bit. External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music & Video databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2021 b6281 and Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 MkII.

Posted Fri 29 Jan 21 @ 5:18 pm
Yes, I'm on Big Sur as well.
Did you try moving some files on your internal drive?
Wonder if your external has anything to do with it.

Posted Fri 29 Jan 21 @ 6:14 pm
Just tried a couple of files on my internal SSD drive and it is just the same. I briefly see the finder for a split second then back to the desktop before VDJ relaunches.

I didn't think that my external would have anything to do with it as it works fine with my boot camped Windows 10 version.

I've just tried the Copy to.... command and it is doing the same, crashing instantly.
Other commands in the File Operations are working correctly, even the Open In Finder.

Posted Fri 29 Jan 21 @ 7:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have a special character in your filepath or something not common?
I see you use ntfs by paragon. Is it when you move on the ntfs drive?

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 5:29 am
As stated above, it's the same on my internal SSD drive.

There is someone else reporting the same problem on the VDJ Support pages on facebook;

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 10:50 am
Unfortunately the crash report doesn't give much information, but it does appear that you might have a Finder extension installed. Not sure what application it might be though.

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 11:49 am
There was a Google backup extension installed, but, it was not enabled. It was installed by Google as I've never used it or knew it was there. I removed it with CleanMyMac X, but, unfortunately it made no difference.

I tried with the internal SSD and the external USB drive, with actual files in their folders and also in Virtual Folders all with the same result i.e. they briefly cleared VDJ from the screen and could see the Finder display for a fraction of a second then cleared and relaunched VDJ.

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 1:17 pm
@Adion - I have just been doing some tests and found that the last build that doesn't crash is b6257

Builds - b6276, b6280, b6281 - all 3 fail and crash. I missed b6263.......

Looking through the builds, this was in b6263;
-Add New Folder button on mac for move/copy file folder selection
Could this have anything to do with the problem?

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 3:46 pm
Probably related, but I don't see how, it is just a macOS function.
I tried to install paragon NTFS on both M1 mac and older macbook but even that works without issues here.

Since the paragon plugin is still the only thing that i can think of that might alter finder behavior, did you check if you have the latest version installed?

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 8:42 am
Guys i tried everything you mention above, and i still have the same crash problem with MOVE TO or COPY TO
thats frustrating

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 10:09 am
Did you also have paragon NTFS installed?

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 12:09 pm
have the same problem ... it is frustrating

MacBook Pro 2018
MacOS BigSur
update new Virtual DJ 6263

MOVE TO causes crash

should I downgrade?
where can I find the previous versions?
can i install the old version or I need to uninstall etc. 6263 before?

thanks!

Posted Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 3:45 pm
Could you try if enabling experimentalUseMetal makes any difference?
(For me it worked both with and without, but might be useful to try)

Posted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 9:50 am
Adion wrote :
Did you also have paragon NTFS installed?

yes i do have ntfs installed!

Posted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 1:18 pm
enabling experimentalUseMetal makes no difference! :-( VDJ crashes

Posted Mon 01 Feb 21 @ 4:09 pm
Could you try the new early access release 6294?

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 4:39 am
Ooh, just spotted this Adion.

Yes, yes, yes, works as it should.
Excellent, thanks a lot Adion.

Cheers
Les

Posted Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 4:42 pm
91%