Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script for pitch slider

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, my controller is the Sx3 and I use a 4 deck skin. I would like to have my pitch slider return to 0 by using a feature on my Sx3 which I don't use instead of resetting it back with my mouse. Is there a way to reset the pitch slider for all the decks at once or reset the two decks on the left side with one feature on the left and a separate one for the two decks on the right? Thank you in advance.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 12:59 am
This should probably do: deck all pitch_reset

And you can set resetPitchOnLoad in settings instead perhaps.
Probably what you really want. The pitch to be zero at new song load

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 1:06 am
Yes, thank you that's what I'm trying to do.. I'll try it.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 8:35 am
I typed in the action as:
deck all pitch_reset
And I used the start button for flip which I don't use. However the left 2 decks reset slowly but the right 2 decks jump quickly to the 0 reset. Did I do something wrong?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 10:13 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
deck 1 pitch_reset 3%
deck 2 pitch_reset 3%
deck 3 pitch_reset 3%
deck 4 pitch_reset 3%

OR

deck 1 pitch_reset 3% & deck 2 pitch_reset 3%
deck 3 pitch_reset 3% & deck 4 pitch_reset 3%

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 10:31 pm
Thank you for responding so quickly. However, I used the first set you advised and the same thing is happening. Left side decks reset slow which is good but the right 2 decks jump directly to the 0 reset when I push the flip start button?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 10:51 pm
Seems to perhaps be a bug with : deck all pitch_reset
As you said the other decks dont reset slowly..

For now you can use:
deck left pitch_reset & deck right pitch_reset

Or
deck 1 pitch_reset & deck 2 pitch_reset & deck 3 pitch_reset & deck 4 pitch_reset

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 10:55 pm
Is there a script to have each deck reset slowly with separate buttons? I could use the Flip Rec button for deck 1, Flip Start button deck 3, Flip Rec button for deck 2 and Flip Start button for deck 4?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 10:59 pm
MUSICMAN612 wrote :
Is there a script to have each deck reset slowly with separate buttons? I could use the Flip Rec button for deck 1, Flip Start button deck 3, Flip Rec button for deck 2 and Flip Start button for deck 4?

Not sure what you meant by flip and rec

But you can have individual pitch reset buttons per deck. Simply use the action: deck X pitch_reset
Where X is the number of the deck.

Since you mention flip, probably not the case, but you might also mean something like pitch lock (locks the pitch to other deck) or beat lock (locks the beat). But maybe not. Got a bit confused with the flp and rec ;-) hehe

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 11:17 pm
I don't use the Flip option on my SX3. On the SX3 there is a rec and start button for flip above the auto loop section on both sides of the mixer. The way it is resetting now by the scripts you gave, I can hit the start button which I programmed it for and it resets all four decks with the right 2 resetting by jumping to the zero.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 11:31 pm
Ah now I understand.
Yes you can use buttons on the controller that you dont use, and put your own actions there

If you use this as action it should do all decks slowly:
deck 1 pitch_reset & deck 2 pitch_reset & deck 3 pitch_reset & deck 4 pitch_reset

Not working for you?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 11:39 pm
Well I typed the script in the action consecutive like you had it and touched the flip start button. It is still resetting quickly on the right two decks and slowly on the left two decks. I'll go back to using the mouse to reset them. I do appreciate your help. Thank you.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)