Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How do I organise sample banks?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There seems to be a missing feature...

I currently have 41 sample banks, but I don't need all of them all the time.

Some are audio, some are video, some are still images - all for different purposes. The problem is, they're all listed, all the time.

If I'm doing something that only requires the use of one or two banks, I shouldn't have to click through all 41 to get to the ones I need. We need a way to organise them, like sub banks or the ability to hide banks until we need them.

There's an option to create a sub folder, but I don't seem to be able to move anything into it (from within VDJ).

[edit] Something else worth mentioning. The sample playback mode is global.

Unfortunately the mode you choose is not suited to everything you might play. For example I might want stutter mode for vocal drops, but when I play a looping video clip, having stutter mode selected means I can't stop the clip unless I change modes.

Please allow the mode to be set for individual samples rather than everything.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 21 @ 12:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's indeed not possible to use subfolders, but you can move the order in the browser and this order should also be reflected in the drop-down and next/previous sample bank actions.

Posted Tue 12 Jan 21 @ 12:36 pm
Would anyone else like to see some kind of sample bank organisation?

Some way of selecting which banks we want for a particular job, rather than just one great big list that we have to reorder manually for different purposes.

Also the other thing I mentioned, about the playback mode being global. I think it would improve the sampler to allow the mode to be set per sample (or even per bank would be better than global).

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 1:42 pm
I remember years ago where there was a plug-in that sorted out sample banks for you would be great if we had that now because I too found myself running into this problem .....

Posted Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 9:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)