Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Backspin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using the Numark NS7ii with Virtual DJ 2021 and I can't hear the back spin from the jog wheel. I hear the forward motion loud and clear but nothing on the spin back. Need help asking a friend...

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 10:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
check your settings for smartScratch, for backspin to work it should be set to NO

@devs backspin should over-ride the setting?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 10:20 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe smart_scratch is activated

Posted Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 10:20 pm
locodog wrote :

@devs backspin should over-ride the setting?

How would you tell it's a backspin and unmute the backward movement without it sounding awkward ?
VirtualDJ currently detects backspins by velocity, but all backspins start with "low" velocity, that increases fast and then drops.
At those few moments with "low" velocity the backward movement has to be muted instantly. Otherwise it would introduce a delay and appear to be buggy if you just wanted to scratch. And a few moments later when a backspin gets detected, if the software unmutes the deck, then it would introduce what a user would perceive as a sound/volume drop...

Posted Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 9:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
mute until the backspin is detected, real world the volume drops to zero momentarily, when forward becomes stationary. Thinking about situations when you'd use a backspin, would you even notice a 200ms volume drop with everything else going on?

at the very least
Backspin action & Backspin fx, should over-ride as the intention is clear

Posted Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 10:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)