Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Curious Questions about Two Sets of VDJ Folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I'm running the 64bit version of VDJ (C: default location), within it there is a Folders section, within that there are 7 sub folders and a number of VDJFOLDER Files. My music is stored on a single folder on a separate drive (M:) which is just called MUSIC. Outside of that folder is another VirtualDJ folder and within that there are 12 sub folders and a number VDJFOLDER files (see image).My question is why are there two folders with similar contents?, could the contents of one not be merged into one folder of either C: or M:?, is it just the way it is for some technical reason or is it a leftover from the 32bit version and the 64bit version just links to it to keep things working properly?.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 20 @ 11:36 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Virtual Folders store the content on the drive the content belongs too, so that when you move the drive the virtual folders will still be available.
Since subfolders could contain other virtual folders with content from other drives you may see them in both locations.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 20 @ 12:02 pm
Adion wrote :
Virtual Folders store the content on the drive the content belongs too, so that when you move the drive the virtual folders will still be available.
Since subfolders could contain other virtual folders with content from other drives you may see them in both locations.

Thank You Adion.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 20 @ 12:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)