Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help using/connecting mic to DDJSB2 / VDJ/ Yamaha AG03 mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there;
I bought this mixer as i read elsewhere i'd need it for using a mic for broadcasting/recording.
Can someone advise on the right setup in the audio options in VDJ2021? I find it a little confusing and i try one way, one thing doesn't work, i try another way..something else doesn't work,etc.

Physically here's how i'm plugged in:
-Mic plugged in to mic port on AG03 mixer
-2 RCA out of DDJSB2 to 2 1/4" on 2/3 ports of AG03
-headphones connected to AG03

thanks!
r

Posted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 7:14 pm
Dont need a mixer to broadcast mic.

You just need a way for the computer to hear the microphone from what gear you use.
If the mic on the controller is in hardware only, aka is not part of the usb audio interface of the controller but rather goes directly to speaker output instead, you basically just need to loop that sound back into a line-in at the computer for the computer (and VirtualDJ) to be able to hear the mic. The SB2 has a hardware only mic
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/recordloopback.html

That way you can broadcast & record the SB2 microphone

Alternatively just add a standard computer microphone.

A Yamaha AG03 I dont know well, but apparently it might be able to route the mic back to the computer, but not sure.
If so, try set the Yamaha as the mic input in VirtualDJ https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/microphone.html

It also looks like the mixer has a switch to select what sound to route back to the computer. Either channel 1 (mic) or loopback (probably means all sound at the mixer).

Posted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 8:39 pm
ok thanks so much. i'll try with the mixer again and adjust that switch.

i was also on live chat with vdj (which seems to be closed now) and he said i shouldn't need a mixer either. but in vdj it doesn't allow me to turn on/off the mic through the software. under "master", where the mic volume , on and rec buttons are, n othing happens when i click on those. any idea why that would be?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 8:58 pm
Donnybrok wrote :
in vdj it doesn't allow me to turn on/off the mic through the software. under "master", where the mic volume , on and rec buttons are, nothing happens when i click on those. any idea why that would be?

For that to work it has to be a computer mic (part of the USB audio interface).
So this software control of the microphone does not work with the SB2. The SB2 is a hardware only mic, and controlled in hardware only. (But can still be used for record/broadcast if you add a loopback to the computer. Basically an audio cable from the master/rec/booth output of the controller to a line-in at the computer, and then add a "Record" entry in VirtualDJ sound settings, equal to this line. You can not control this mic in VirtualDJ though).

IF the Yamaha mixer can be set up as a "computer mic" as per post above, you can control that microphone in VirtualDJ though.
(On / off, etc) For that to work, you must set up a mic entry in VirtualDJ sound settings, equal to the Yamaha as sound card
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/microphone.html

Posted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 9:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)