Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac mini m1 chip
Will the new Mac mini with m1 chip be compatible with this software!

Posted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 12:14 am
cmoe4502 wrote :
Will the new Mac mini with m1 chip be compatible with this software!

We are running some test, but most likely..
The M1 chip will run Intel app ("old silicon" apps) via an emulation layer, so all programs should in theory work fine ;-)
And apparently doing so with a breeze https://macdailynews.com/2020/11/10/apples-m1-macs-emulate-some-apps-faster-than-intel-based-macs-can-run-them-natively/

(your hardware might not be ready for the new macOS though, yet... Denon, Pioneer etc all say to wait a little..)

Posted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 1:47 am
Tha k you very much for info! Waiting seems to be the answer!

Posted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 2:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just tested on a new MacBook Air with M1 chip: VirtualDJ does open and run correctly.
But as Rune said, hardware and audio drivers might be the culprit for the moment.

I personally would not recommend buying an M1 powered Mac for the moment if the only purpose is to run VirtualDJ on it. Wait for hardware companies to update their drivers and an official statement from VirtualDJ's development team.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 11:16 pm
JeremK wrote :
Just tested on a new MacBook Air with M1 chip: VirtualDJ does open and run correctly.
But as Rune said, hardware and audio drivers might be the culprit for the moment.

I personally would not recommend buying an M1 powered Mac for the moment if the only purpose is to run VirtualDJ on it. Wait for hardware companies to update their drivers and an official statement from VirtualDJ's development team.

curious about this, was thinking about getting a new MacBook Air vs Pro and use both VDJ & Serato. Has the Air been working well for you? versus getting a Pro? Serato definitely not supported yet, but I've seen recent posts that VDJ is now, that true?

Posted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 3:06 pm
VDJ will work with both but make sure you check and controllers and soundcard compatibility.

There is little difference between the Air or the Pro in all honesty.

Posted Fri 05 Feb 21 @ 7:25 pm
JensonBPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi guys,
what I'm interested in: Is STEM separation in realtime working smoothly on MacBook Air? I want to get rid of the pre-calculated STEMs to free up some disk space.
Cheers

Posted Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 9:52 am
On M1 ?

Yes, it's working fine and it's very fast too

Posted Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 10:47 am
With the M1 chip on my macbook pro laptop, I have a Lagging , studder on the waveform as I play a track.
The song itself plays clearly ,o in my headphones, and through my speakers. but visually the lagging within the waveforms does not flow with the song, not like that of my older model Macbook pros. I was wondering if it my be Latency issue, idk . Can this be fixed, and how do I go about this. Chris.

Posted Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 11:03 am