Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [solved]Mixars Primo ColorFX Mapping Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!

I just got the Mixars Primo and so far everything seems to work fine except for one thing: the ColorFX knobs on the the device do operate their software counterparts, but other than that, I do not get the desired effect from my speakers/headphones.

I am using VirtualDJ 8 Pro on a Mac with a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and I want to use the Primo solely as a controller.
After emailing to the VDJ support, I got the advice to try connecting the speakers directly to the Primo, which in fact yields the desired result.

However, since for all other purposes I want to continue using my trusty Scarlett, I would like to know whether anyone here got the ColorFX/Filter knobs working WITHOUT using the Primo as the audio interface.

VDJ and Primo have the latest software/firmware versions. The Primo Updater shows firmware version 1.18 which is even more up-to-date than what is currently available from the Mixars website.

Big up to all you VDJs out there!

Cornelius

Posted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 7:34 pm
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/mixars/primo/layout/mixer.html
Quote :
Please note that the available Color Effects are offered by Mixars Primo Firmware and you cannot change/alter them through VirtualDJ (Hardware Effects)

If you route your sound on another soundcard, then you should remap the <ONINIT> key of the mapper and delete the '& fake_filter on' part of it.
Then the Color Effects should work (software Color FX)

Posted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 8:02 pm
Marvelous! I applied your suggestion and it works \o/

For reference: I mapped ONINIT to "filter on" and ONEXIT to "filter off".

Problem SOLVED.

Massive thanks to you!

Posted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 8:48 pm
Thats awesome! i got it fixed too with this trick! thank you!
BUT....now the knob works, but the buttons next to it (echo, filter, noise, crush) dont work, they dont turn on the effect. I have to manually select the effect from the dropdown list (arrow) with the mouse on the screen. And VDJ doesnt recognise the buttons in mapping mode so i can map them.. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 11:38 pm
There's no fix... Just hacks.
That's because the controller applies it's own color effects and it doesn't send MIDI data for those buttons.
In ohter words, that's a hardware limitation that you cannot "solve"

Posted Fri 09 Apr 21 @ 7:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)