Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixcloud with DDJ-SX and microphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are there any pioneer techs in here that can give me exact setting for mic input to broadcast from vdj.
Have yet mic working but sounds bad I've another post that lads tried to help but nothing worked...
Please only pioneer tech as need exact answer if I can thank you

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 3:45 pm
Fair enough but why as I asked for a pioneer tech

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 4:40 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You know Pioneer has a huge amount of different hardware and controllers, so you may want to be a bit more specific in your question.
Either your controller will have a record loopback input and you should simply follow the VirtualDJ manual for the device you have to set it up, or it doesn't and you'll need a loopback cable from the mixer record output to the computer's line input and set up a record line manually in virtualdj.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 4:44 pm
I did I mentioned ddjsx and as stated I've already tried all the set ups this is why I asked for pioneer tech only

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 5:49 pm
There aren't any Pioneer specific techs here. Rune helped you in the other thread as he's as knowledgeable about VDJ and controllers as you'll get.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:07 pm
Adion wrote :
You know Pioneer has a huge amount of different hardware and controllers, so you may want to be a bit more specific in your question.
Either your controller will have a record loopback input and you should simply follow the VirtualDJ manual for the device you have to set it up, or it doesn't and you'll need a loopback cable from the mixer record output to the computer's line input and set up a record line manually in virtualdj.

Can you do me a favour what is the loopback

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:11 pm

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:14 pm
djstaffy wrote :
Have yet mic working but sounds bad I've another post that lads tried to help but nothing worked...

If it sounds bad, I guess you perhaps enabled mic in VirtualDJ (instead of on the DDJ-SX), and by that you are broadcasting/recording your built-in computer microphone perhaps? That probably sound pretty bad yes (need a good usb mic if so)

Could in theory be the SX also, if you have "wrong" microphone for the mic input on the controller, or badly adjusted channel gain or something.

djstaff wrote :
Please only pioneer tech as need exact answer if I can thank you

Think you already had this info in other thread you made..

The microphone on the DDJ-SX is hardware only that goes straight to the speaker output at the controller (And is never "heard" by your computer, nor VirtualDJ). To be able to broadcast/record the speaker output of a controller (with the mic sound included) you need to loop back the sound output to the computer. With the SX you are lucky since you do not need to use an audio cable for this, its supported in the driver.

To do so follow these steps :

1) Look at DDJ-SX manual here, how the sound settings should be (at bottom of the page) :
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx/installation.html
Make sure you have the "Record" entry set, and set to DDJ-SX "aux/mic" input.

2) The mic on the DDJ-SX is NOT part of the computer audio interface, so you can NOT control the mic inside VirtualDJ.
Instead you turn it on/off at the controller itself, at the channel switches at front of your controller..

Thats it ;-) Should work ..
Been a while since I used mic, so unless the driver / firmware changed the setup.. but doubt that

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:50 pm
I thank you for patience I will try this again Tom ....I'm just baffled it doesn't just operate as pioneer has always been my choice with the options they have.
Again sorry for duplicate posts as I'm an avid user on my mic during gigs

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 7:08 pm
djstaffy wrote :
I thank you for patience I will try this again Tom ....I'm just baffled it doesn't just operate as pioneer has always been my choice with the options they have.

It works, out of the box.. :)
Just a different logic perhaps, than you had in mind..

Its a hardware mic, so just switch the channel switches at front of the controller
(hardware mics are fairly common on mid-range to high-end controllers)

Just give it a try, follow the logic above, and all should hopefully work all good :)

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 7:13 pm
Do I will just use normal mic connection on back and set up as in picture ..I have done this but I will try and take time tom to go through it thoroughly thank you

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 8:02 pm

Posted Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 6:47 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
djstaffy wrote :

It works, out of the box.. :)
Just a different logic perhaps, than you had in mind..

Its a hardware mic, so just switch the channel switches at front of the controller
(hardware mics are fairly common on mid-range to high-end controllers)

Just give it a try, follow the logic above, and all should hopefully work all good :)

Ok I've set up exactly as in pics on manual page and set front switches to pc and I'm still getting nothing coming from mic am I missing a setting ....when set up like the way you show in software no mic on master section to select for volume ect....take it for this to work I will need external soundcard

Posted Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 7:27 pm
The switches need to be on mic

Posted Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 2:32 am
Need to set the switches to mic yes, when you are using the mic ;-)

Posted Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 10:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)