Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem upgrading to VDJ 2021

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have tried to download the new VD 2021 for Mac a few times. Once it downloads, I try to install. It goes through the install, but I keep on going back to VD 8. Can you please help? I am looking to take advantage of the STEM with my DDJ 1000 rig.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 7:03 pm
Sure you dont have both programs versions?
And the icon you use to start VirtualDJ links to the older version?

If thats not the case, perhaps try restart the mac, and install the update before running the software, in case the process was in use or something preventing the update

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 7:44 pm
mossy3dControlleristMember since 2015
mxr10 mixer problem.
have been using my mixer now for about 8 years and have had no major problems until the latest update on VDJ2021.
I am not getting any functions from my mixer, non of the cue buttons, the search function nothing at all. the only thing I get something from are the faders, the right fader works fine along with the cross fader. however the left fader only alters the tone and not the volume. I have done a new install of VDJ, updated my MXR 10 drivers, the only thing new is, I now get a box saying "Set Mixer Channels to USB" these are set in USB and i have never had any problems with this before as I switch between vinyl and timecode.
HELP plz

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 1:15 pm
Check the mapping to ensure that you're using the default 10MXR mapping, and haven't accidentally created a custom mapping.

By the way, please don't hijack other people's threads with unrelated issues.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 1:35 pm
mossy3dControlleristMember since 2015
mossy3d wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Check the mapping to ensure that you're using the default 10MXR mapping, and haven't accidentally created a custom mapping.

By the way, please don't hijack other people's threads with unrelated issues.

Didn't intend to hijack thread. Just trying to get some help and not sure how these threads work. Hoping the community can help me out as I have been going back and forth with VDJ via email and getting nowhere but deeper into frustration..
As I have done a clean install of VDJ2021 then my mixer should automatically configure as it did way back when with VDJ 8, in turn there should be no custom mapping.
I have spent nearly a week on trying to get this sorted and at the point of maybe getting a new mixer but don't want to pay the license fee all over again.
I'm beginning to think that as my mxr 10 is long out of production that no one wants to support it anymore and it's an opportunity to cash in.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 3:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)