Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems default pad mode on DDJ-1000 Deck 3 & 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On my DDJ-1000, on the decks 3 and 4, the default pad mode is Stems, whereas it's Hot Cue for 1 and 2.
This causes me to occasionally turn off one of the stems when attempting to hit a hot cue and not noticing it, then i switch to hot cue and play but i don't have a way to bring the stems page back (which i also don't need since i use the mixer for stems).
How can i make Hot Cue the default pad mode for all decks? I can't find it in the settings.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 6:26 pm

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 7:49 pm
That's already configured.
I start VDJ, it's Stems on Decks 3 & 4, but when i press the Hot Cue Pad Mode Button (the first), it switches to Hot Cues. I have no idea why it's set to Stems in the first place, i don't have it assigned to any of the Pad Mode pages.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 10:06 pm
FunctionDJ wrote :
I start VDJ, it's Stems on Decks 3 & 4, but when i press the Hot Cue Pad Mode Button (the first), it switches to Hot Cues. I have no idea why it's set to Stems in the first place, i don't have it assigned to any of the Pad Mode pages.

You set deck 3 and deck 4 explicitly to hotcue as in the image above? Should work. Might be a bug if not

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 10:35 pm
I've noticed my RP8000Ses start on stem mode by default. It's perfect, wouldn't change a thing, and slightly afraid that one day it'll stop doing that, because the default page config applies to my 72 so I'm not sure how to set the page on the RP8000Ses.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 1:30 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
FunctionDJ wrote :

You set deck 3 and deck 4 explicitly to hotcue as in the image above? Should work. Might be a bug if not

Please, take a look for yourself:

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 8:42 pm
Hmm odd, will try on mine.
Maybe a bug, should be same as deck 1 where you assign easily in the drop down

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 9:07 pm
what happens after you click the "Hotcues" button on deck 3 ... FIRST.
Then use the pad drop down to change it to a new function.

Do you see same list as deck 1 then? where you can alter those 4 buttons above the pads?

Can also try the 4 deck version of you skin, perhaps since using 2 deck skin, the "hidden decks" (deck 3 & 4) was not properly "initialized" since the software assumes 2 decks or something like that (we are checking)

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 9:43 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
what happens after you click the "Hotcues" button on deck 3 ... FIRST.
Then use the pad drop down to change it to a new function.

Do you see same list as deck 1 then? where you can alter those 4 buttons above the pads?

Can also try the 4 deck version of you skin, perhaps since using 2 deck skin, the "hidden decks" (deck 3 & 4) was not properly "initialized" since the software assumes 2 decks or something like that (we are checking)

1. When i click it first and change it, it changes the pad mode for Deck 1 as well, but not vice-versa! (Changing it on Deck 1 doesn't change it on Deck 3)
2. Yes! When i enable 4-deck mode of the skin, Decks 3 & 4 load with Hot Cues. In 4-deck mode, all pad modes seem to be independently changable from each other. No pad mode switch affects another deck.

I like using 2-deck mode because i don't need to see all 4 decks, but i still want to use 4-decks for some mixes. Why not just make 2-deck and 4-deck skins behave the same way? They are "just" skin modes, you wouldn't expect them to act as settings or configuration for the actual controller behaviour.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 7:55 pm
FunctionDJ wrote :

I like using 2-deck mode because i don't need to see all 4 decks, but i still want to use 4-decks for some mixes. Why not just make 2-deck and 4-deck skins behave the same way? They are "just" skin modes, you wouldn't expect them to act as settings or configuration for the actual controller behaviour.

The skins initialize decks differently, they are not "just" skins in that way.
But yes, might be a bug to fix, that the pads dont work ideal on 4 decks on 2 deck skin though...

But for now, its remembered the pad changes you did already (in the 4-deck skin), and will work fine when you switch back to 2 deck skin, so you can keep using that ;-)

Posted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 8:30 pm
This bug is still present.

Posted Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)