Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: waveform display moving jerky

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I noticed that while playing a track the waveform display does not scroll in a continuous, fluid manner. May be some laptop setting issues (graphic acceleration etc...)? I don't think there are consequences on the audio output (at least I am not able to detect them) but the jerky waveform is quite annoying for mixing. Any hints?
Thanks!

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 11:06 am
OK, so what system are you using?

Mac? PC?

System spec?

What are your VDJ settings, relating to graphics?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 11:20 am
PC, Lenovo thinkpad, i7, 16GBRam, Intel graphics (no dedicated graphic card) windows 10

I don't think I ever played with virtual dj graphics settings. I am now looking at the fps for the first time. I had 30. Changing to 60 seems to help a bit, but not perfect. Below 30 awful, higher than 60 gets worse again....

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 11:32 am
Are you using the 64 bit VDJ (as you have a 64 bit OS)?

What skin are you using? Some skins are bitmap, some are vector. What waveform type do you have selected?

What about the 'experimental skin engine' setting? On or off?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 11:41 am
It is 64bit, precisely v8.5-64 b6067. It should be the 2020 version, as I updated not long ago.
skin is the standard old one. waveform is horizontal scratch wave (the one with different colors)
experimental skin engine: AUTO

PS I have the jerky scroll in the scratch tab also(where the waveforms of the two decks scroll separately vertically)

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 12:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)