Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Sound suddenly mutes on one deck mid set

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone else experienced this?
I've been using Virtual DJ for years without any major issues. Currently, I'm on the latest Virtual DJ 2020 and I use a Pioneer DDJ-SX2. Just recently I've been having problems with my GIGs where the sound suddenly mutes on one deck mid-set making it impossible to use until Virtual DJ is rebooted.

The soundwave remains visible and the deck performs exactly as it should in every way except it now doesn't play any sound. At first, I thought that it might be the controller but it's random as to which deck it suddenly chooses. I'm wondering if other than connecting another source to my controller until I've rebooted Virtual DJ anyone has any ideas on how to get the sound working again without a reboot or if anyone has had this problem and found a fix? Thanks

Gaz

Posted Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 11:38 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
No DDJ-SX2 but got some audio issues for multiple causes from spurious device disconnections , ASIO bugs, overload, buggy early updates...
not a fix but may help:
most of the time a button mapped to "apply_audio_config" temporary fixes the issue
it resets the audio system fast enough in many case

Posted Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 12:40 pm
user16899646 wrote :
Hi Everyone,
I use a Pioneer DDJ-SX2. Just recently I've been having problems with my GIGs where the sound suddenly mutes on one deck mid-set making it impossible to use until Virtual DJ is rebooted.

The soundwave remains visible and the deck performs exactly as it should in every way except it now doesn't play any sound. At first, I thought that it might be the controller but it's random as to which deck it suddenly chooses.

Probably something with the controller. I guess you don't see any logical indicators in the software interface, such as "mute" on deck (= something on the controller changed input source), or volume sliders in the software going down (= dust or erratic signals telling the software to turn down).

If neither, then it might be something on the controller gone wrong. Can try update driver and firmware.

I have had sound mute at club as well, due to old crappy PA system, where the limiter would just kick in on the amp and mute sound when signal from the DJ was deemed too loud. But that wouldnt be one deck, rather master sound. And usually sound would come back when lowering the master output. Still its possible its something with the PA. Try at home if same thing happens or not.

Could also be static, or power fluctuations at the place, knocking out the controller for split second making it act up.

Can often be hard to pin-point when such things happen, and while not common, not exactly 'un-common' either..
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/topic/pioneer-ddj-sx2-sporadic-audio-dropouts/
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115019360963-DDJ-SX-Audio-dropout
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042519951-Audio-Dropouts-DDJ-SX

Posted Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)