Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Reloop touch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I sold a reloop touch on ebay and they have put a claim in saying they cant use it because of no software. Since the unit is designed for VDJ how can I get a code as the software should be available for the unit not just the first user? Needed to use my PayPal now its blocked....

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 4:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not sure, I thought the OEM licence was tied to the HW, but I half remember you have to DL a OEM version of the SW, I'll go digging for a link but probably best to hit up support [they're faster for licence stuff]
http://www.virtualdj.com/help/

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 5:35 pm
According to a post from support staff in 2017 the Reloop Touch license can be transferred when the controller is sold. It was a change of policy that happened after users questioned the licensing.

The same post also said that the license would be activated with a serial code supplied in the box - which raises the questions.... why was it not registered by warrenwilson1, and if it was never registered, why wasn't the code passed on to the new owner?

Post #8 here

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 5:58 pm
This was always going to be an issue when reselling the units.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 5:59 pm
I bought the unit but didn't get to use it for more than 3 hours, the touch screen did nothing for me so it was used with a 2020 trail (i previously bought a licence for my sx2 and used that under 10 hours).

I'm away working and stuck on my phone trying to deal with an ebay dispute

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 6:30 pm
So why didn't you pass on the unused code to the buyer?

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 6:51 pm
I was used before I got it and I never tried as I wanted to see what the stems were like.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 8:26 pm
So you never had the license either? Do you know the previous owner (anyone on here)?

If not then I shouldn't think there's much hope beyond the new owner buying their own licence.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 11:23 pm
You can't design a unit to work with that software then hold the user too to a licence that is required to run the unit.

Either VDJ or Reloop need to provide a way to use the controller.

Click support it goes to FAQs...

This is discusting, I have supported VDJ in many guises since it was Atomic and have champion'd it to so many people over the years but once again being let down.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 6:57 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You just need to contact support so they can transfer the license. If there was a previous owner that first registered the unit you have to contact them so they can transfer the license.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 7:05 am
Thanks, for the replies.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)