Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Could prelistenOutput=0 (ie, auto-choose the channel not on air) also check channel faders?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I LOVE this feature, I bought a Bome license to do this on Serato, as the 72 doesn't have a third channel for the headphones, but felt it would be unstable.

But could it please check the channel upfader setting? For mixes where the new track should start full volume, I load and cue up a track, set the channel fader, then press play at the appropriate moment. Also when starting a set I'll prelisten a few tracks before loading my chosen starter. The prelistenOutput=0 feature doesn't seem to consider the channel as "on air" unless the track is playing, even if the fader is up. This would save me having to map a 'stop prelisten' button (and some embarrassment).

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 3:40 pm
Ah, I can map shift+load to toggle prelisten!

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 3:54 pm
Bump on this. Very often I'll leave a channel fader up, for example if doing a brake stop. I'll then prelisten, and the track comes through on master.

As far as I can think, there is never a circumstance when you want the prelisten player to come through when a channel fader is up and the crossfader is not all the way over to the other side. prelistenOutput=0 should therefore check for this.

This is particularly an issue as sometimes just when I drag a tune onto a dormant deck with the mouse, prelisten starts, and if I don't have the channel down it comes out on master. Sometimes samples are also played on the prelisten player when I click them in the sample pane, which is fine if they don't appear on master.

I'm connected to the Rane 72, if that makes any difference. Spent an afternoon on the Denon MC8000Mk2 and VDJ was flawless, getting a number of issues (UI freezing) on the 72.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 4:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would indeed make sense to choose the deck with lowest volume even when the deck is paused.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 4:48 pm
I think a warning and no audio if there isn't a muted channel makes sense. Prelisten on master is surely always unwanted? It should also mute if put online. Sometimes I'll be prelistening tracks (for later in the set, something is already loaded on the deck), my time is up and I need to up the fader, the prelisten player should stop. (In my humble opinion..)

PS. Thanks and unexpected to get a response on a Sunday evening!

Posted Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)