Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask the DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I updated VDJ 2021 on my primary DJ macbook, and on my back up macbook. And now when a "Ask the DJ" request is set to me it only goes to my back up. It will not populate the Ask the DJ folder on my primary no matter what I do. What is going on, and how do I correct this problem. Thanks

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 10:29 pm
Ive even deleted VDJ off my back up mac. Ask the DJ requests still will not go to my main mac book. I checked settings and all is correct. This is why I hate updates with passion. Everything was working fine and you had to screw with things. Now I have problems the night before a set and wheres tech support? GHOST

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 11:19 pm

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 11:40 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Just log in.. that should be all needed ;-)

If you are logged in at the main computer, and the computer is online - it will fetch the ask the dj content.

And make sure you are monitoring for the requests. Right-click the folder.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/askthedj.html

Thanks for trying. I am 100% logged in on the main comp, and not logged in the the back up. I am online. Settings are correct. Monitoring Always. Doesn't work. It won't communicate to the comp.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 1:14 am
I figured it out. In previous versions I had my twitter hashtag option AND ask.the.dj link set up. And both worked. Now you can't have both. Its one for the other. I prefer ask.the.dj option. So I deleted the #hashtag from options and viola, requests poured in.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 1:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)