Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to remove, move or modify posts.
Topic: All unscanned files in folders or searches now being autoscanned after latest update
I was just on the support chat, and didn't get anywhere; hoping someone smarter than us can help with this.
I've never had VDJ set to autoscan files it encounters. I do all my scans and imports manually. As of this morning, after I updated, it's now scanning every unscanned file it encounters in any folder, searches... everywhere. I went through settings with the live chat support guy, and nothing was changed - we flipped a few on and off to see if that would help, but nothing fixed it. He told me I run it a bit differently, I guess, than most other VDJ users; I don't like to look at a lot of unnecessary information. Files I want to use (highest quality or whatever reason) I want scanned. The rest I don't want scanned unless I decide to scan them. The files I've got scanned stand out in my searches, and I can find what I want a lot faster without having to add extra verbiage or sorts to the process. I know it sounds trivial, but for my personal workflow, having all my files scanned will slow me down a lot. Not to mention, I don't want HD videos I'm searching for all scanning during a performance.

The agent linked the previous versions which I reinstalled, and it works as it did before the update - so it's something going on with the performance tweaks or something they added to the new version. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have 8-core cpu's ?

Posted 5 days ago @ 8:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have an 8 core cpu or better it is indeed done automatically for any song in the view that is not yet scanned.
There is no setting to turn this off.

Posted 5 days ago @ 3:19 am
I do have 8 cores, yes. Well, that's a shame...

Posted 5 days ago @ 6:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure I understand why though. Bpm or length may have been filled in by the tag as well so they are not reliable to see which files you didn't touch anyway.
It would make most sense to move these files that you don't need to a different folder, or use last play / play count column to see if the file was ever used

Posted 5 days ago @ 6:44 am
kidmixxPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
I too just noticed the auto scan in my browser of new tracks when added. I prefer to scan manually, an option to turn off auto scan would be appreciated

Posted 4 days ago @ 11:21 pm
kidmixxPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
So, I went back to the previous build and no more auto scanning new songs when I drag them into the VDJ browser

Posted 4 days ago @ 2:40 am