Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Each deck is controlling the opposite deck - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Your mixer isn't controlling anything, or being controlled by anything.

The mixer is not connected to the computer with a USB cable, is it? Even if it was, the USB is only for audio, not MIDI control.

The only control happening is the MIDI info from the two NDX decks controlling stop/start etc.

You have to bear in mind that each NDX has MIDI control for the above functions, plus an audio interface, so the MIDI and the audio have to be set to the correct left/right orientation. Changing one won't change the other. You have to do each separately.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 10:24 am
groovindj wrote :
Your mixer isn't controlling anything, or being controlled by anything.

The mixer is not connected to the computer with a USB cable, is it? Even if it was, the USB is only for audio, not MIDI control.

The only control happening is the MIDI info from the two NDX decks controlling stop/start etc.

You have to bear in mind that each NDX has MIDI control for the above functions, plus an audio interface, so the MIDI and the audio have to be set to the correct left/right orientation. Changing one won't change the other. You have to do each separately.

I don't mean the mixer is controlling the mixer on virtual DJ. What I meant was the left channel of my mixer is is controlling both of the decks on virtual DJ and the right channel of my mixer does nothing.

I have changed the settings for both cdj's in the mapping page but it does not work.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 10:58 am
Zazen Producer wrote :

the left channel of my mixer is is controlling both of the decks

No it isn't. The mixer isn't controlling anything.

If you're talking about audio from both decks playing through one channel of the mixer, then that's not anything to do with "controlling" anything.

Make sure each VDJ deck (audio output) is routed to the correct NDX in the audio config area. Deck 1 to NDX #1 & deck 2 to NDX #2.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 2:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Zazen Producer wrote :

the left channel of my mixer is is controlling both of the decks

No it isn't. The mixer isn't controlling anything.

If you're talking about audio from both decks playing through one channel of the mixer, then that's not anything to do with "controlling" anything.

Make sure each VDJ deck (audio output) is routed to the correct NDX in the audio config area. Deck 1 to NDX #1 & deck 2 to NDX #2.

That is what I meant, audio from both decks is being played through one channel of the mixer.

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by "(audio output) is routed to the correct NDX in the audio config area. Deck 1 to NDX #1 & deck 2 to NDX #2." Have you got any pictures that can help me please?

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 2:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)