Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to remove, move or modify posts.
Topic: Sort Order in Virtual Folders
Another random query... how do you re-order subfolders within a virtual folder? I've created a top-level folder with a whole bunch of sub-folders inside it... all Virtual. But although I can rearrange the structure I can't see how to drag them into a different order... or even just have them alphabetical. Any clues?

Posted 6 days ago @ 9:17 pm
Ignore me... found it. Was holding the folders to the left when I dragged them instead of the right. Works now.

Posted 6 days ago @ 9:18 pm
OK my turn to ask a random Question about Virtual Folder order.

I can move a Virtual Subfolder to the TOP level, but do not know how to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder (without creating a new subfolder with same name, copying all the contents of the other folder and then deleting the orginal)

example: have virtual folders 70s 80s 90s etc would like to move them into a virtual folder call Decades.
Is that possible?

(without creating new a folder called 70s inside Decades, copying all the contents of 70s(old) to 70s(inside Decades), then deleting the original 70s virtual folder)

----------------------------------
PS a useful additional feature, would be for a virtual folder to turn to bold text, if a selected track, in the browser, is in that Virtual folder. So one can see if a track is already in a virtual folder and in which ones.

Posted 5 days ago @ 10:51 pm
You could consider a Filter Folder - or a series of them!

Using Decades as a Virtual Folder, create that;

Then create a Filter Folder of 60s - this is where it gets a bit complicated, as you need to understand scripting - it’s easier done than said, but write a script in the Filter Folder that will find all your 60s albums (you will need to take variants into consideration - Sixties, 60s and so on) and it will add them! Do the same thing with the 70s, 80s and 90s (and beyond, if you wish) - you can then either still play each decade separately in isolation within the folder, or you can right-click on the Virtual Folder, select Recurse, I think it is, and it will display the lot - you can then play them in any order - shuffle them and get a bit of everything - even use automix!

I did something like that for my Club Classics - I created a Virtual Folder (Club Classics) and created Filter Folders of the different types of dance music - disco, soul, funk, dance and modern music - play on shuffle at a gig and you have all sorts!

Posted 5 days ago @ 11:44 pm
.....or you could download the My Library addon, which is a whole collection of virtual and/or filter folders - including decades.

Posted 5 days ago @ 6:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
And somehow fix it, as 2020 is a new decade comming ;)

Posted 5 days ago @ 6:26 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

PS a useful additional feature, would be for a virtual folder to turn to bold text, if a selected track, in the browser, is in that Virtual folder. So one can see if a track is already in a virtual folder and in which ones.

THIS!!! Yes, this. Definitely this.

Posted 5 days ago @ 9:10 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
OK my turn to ask a random Question about Virtual Folder order.

I can move a Virtual Subfolder to the TOP level, but do not know how to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder (without creating a new subfolder with same name, copying all the contents of the other folder and then deleting the orginal)

example: have virtual folders 70s 80s 90s etc would like to move them into a virtual folder call Decades.
Is that possible?

(without creating new a folder called 70s inside Decades, copying all the contents of 70s(old) to 70s(inside Decades), then deleting the original 70s virtual folder)

I was using, putting a 70s virtual folder into another virtual folder called Decades as an example. Would like to know if that is possible.

For I would like to arrange/group virtual folders in a of a broader category, so the listing of is not so flat (ie so every folder is not at the top level)

and as mentioned .. its easy to move a subfolder out .. but cannot figureout how to move a folder to become a subfolder of an existing virtual folder.

Let me know if anyone knows how that can be done.

Thanks

Posted 5 days ago @ 9:59 am
Have you been through the video tutorials? There are a couple that cover folders.

Posted 5 days ago @ 10:06 am