Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: driver crash in the middle of a show

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I was broadcasting and all of a sudden I lose my sound. I completed the show with only my cue headphones. The show went out via Shoutcast but VDJ stopped sending sound to the computer and in the device manager it showed that I did not have the driver. Is there a place to reinstall the driver or do I need to delete and reinstall the entire program? Help!

Posted Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 4:13 am
What sound card/controller is it?
The brand will have drivers, often also updated drivers and firmware to fix issues with their first released drivers

Posted Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 1:38 pm
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I use a MOTU M4 for my microphone and local output, and the internal soundcard for cue in the headphones. I believe it was a combination of the soundcard and Audacity which I mistakenly left open at the beginning of the broadcast. After the broadcast, I still had no local output from any source. The MOTU said it was working but after I unplugged the USB and plugged it in again, it started working again. I blame Audacity, it is a glitchy, sensitive program that occasionally crashes and utilizes a lot of resources and will remember to close it before boradcasting next time. I will also check the MOTU site for firmware upgrades. (UPDATE: I have the latest driver) Thanks for the feedback. For those that are boradcasting via Shoutcast, I recommend that you not leave ANY other programs open unless you have tons of RAM (I have 32 GB, so I can get away with a little).

Posted Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)