Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A couple of things happened today when video broadcasting using the latest 2021 version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I did my first video broadcast using VDJ2021 latest build today - actually it was probably my first 64-bit version stream - and bumped into a few things that it would be nice to get some comments on:

1. The limiter caused distortion. Not a little but actual artifacts. It was not enough to fix it to re-apply audio settings (I used DDJ SR + Forcusrite Scarlett 6i6 for mic input) - I had to set the zero db low enough that I was never in danger (my samples are a little hot, so they were not really usable). However a full VDJ restart fixed it, and the limiter started acting normal
2. Video skin overlayed the camera overlay on some video skin. I have a few video skins that I have edited myself that I prefer to use, but on some skins their empty part blocked the camera input when that was selected as an overlay. They didn't do that on the 32-bit version b5609 that I've used a lot for video broadcasting. The funny part is that if I selected one that blocked the camera overlay I had to go back to no video skin before selecting a videoskin that still worked. If if switch directly to the working video skin, the camera overlay would still be blocked. Does this have something to do with the recent enhancements to the videoskin engine?
3. The slide show in video mode still didn't work for long before loosing it's path/directory - that has been the same for me for a while with the 32-bit version. It jumps back to standard user folder and kills the slideshow pop-up config window (it's still shows but it's dead and needs to be re-opened). I then need to re-select the folder for it to start working again

... the STEMS separation worked great though :)

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 11:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Regarding the distortion, were you able to check if the broadcast also had the distortion, or was it only the ddj sr output that was distorting?

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 1:14 pm
Sorry no, I didn't think of that. So I can only confirm it was in my monitors

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 2:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)