Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script to go straight to Ask The DJ folder in the left side tree view
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is there a script like browser_gotofolder "Ask The DJ"? All this scrolling to see my requests is maddening! lol

It would be even better if I could script another button to return back to the folder I was just on.

But what could stop the need for the above? Having Ask The DJ access tab on the right of the browser. Not sure if this is a help or wish thread, but I figure the script is possible now and I just can't get it to work.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 11:00 pm
One cool way is just drag the folder to sideview, and you have it easily accessible with dynamically updated content ;-)

Alternatively you can map a button with : browser_gotofolder "Lists & Advice/Ask the DJ"
Or : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://"

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 11:21 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
get_askthedj_unread ? blink 250ms : param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "Ask the DJ"

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 6:35 am
browser_gotofolder "askthedj://"

That’s the only one I recommend. All the other will stop working when you receive a request because the folder name changes with a (1), (2) etc indicating the number of new messages.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 8:59 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Question is pointing some set of bugs
- sideview '' (empty string) sends directly to ask the dj ... but as a folder (drag and drop any folder here...)
- While sideview 'sideviewpage' is working for internal names it does not with clones, or wrong names (sets the title but do not go to folder)
- While sideview_title returns name correctly for most, it does return empty with "Ask the DJ" even the title displays correctly
- in repeat loops sideview title is not updated

To get a clone page to show as it would a possible workaround is to use a repeat loop
if the page to show is "AsktheDJ" the workaround is to compare against empty string
if the title needs to be shown the workaround is to use the bug and display it 'manually'

full workaround being: assuming "AskTheDJ:\\" is already cloned in sideview (to prevent infinite loop)
repeat_start askdj 10ms -1 & sideview_title & param_cast text & param_equal '' ? repeat_stop askdj & sideview "Ask the DJ" : sideview +1

to go back to previous sideview page ? no way
sideview_title & param_cast text & param_equal "Ask the DJ" ? get_var askrel & sideview & set askrel 0 : set askrel 0 & repeat_start askdj 1000ms -1 & sideview_title & param_cast text & param_equal '' ? repeat_stop askdj & sideview "Ask the DJ" : sideview +1 & set askrel -1 & sideview_title & debug
shows sideview_title does not update in the repeat loop itself

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 9:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
sideview 'askthedj://'
works to change sideview to ask the dj, and to check if it is selected there

Will fix sideview_title

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 9:49 am
Thanks guys! Love the side list idea. Less to remember and then to return to X random folder I was on. Just learned about this little beauty too! Just select your favorite folder in the tree and then hit this to add it to the side list.

Super excited!!! Thanks again guys. I sent a few requests to make sure it did not stop working and all seems well. Guess we will find out when we torture it during my next set.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 10:58 pm
Now that I am having some progress, I want to make 1 more button on my controller. I have all my downloads go to E:\\New Videos\

I have that saved to a Favorite folder. Is there a syntax explanation that could help me call that up too? Just like the Ask The DJ list on the side list, I have a tab set up for New Videos (seen in the above screenshot) that I just downloaded. It would be cool if I could map it to a controller button.

sideview 'newvideos://' <- Did not work. I also tried :
sideview 'new videos://'
sideview 'newvideos'
etc with many combinations. Even the file path.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 11:28 pm
for now it's not possible

As far as you stay in ASCII a rsi (as said in previous post) can be used as a workaround:
(Make sure spaces are correct, you say "E:\\New Videos\" and use "newvideos")
during tests create a button with "repeat_stop newvid" to stop possible infinite loops

repeat_start_instant newvid 10ms -1 & sideview_title & param_cast text & param_equal 'New Videos' ? repeat_stop newvid : sideview +1

taking in consideration what Adion said: "Will fix sideview_title" this may change in near future

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:02 am
sideview "e:\new videos"
Should work I think

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 4:56 am
In some cases that works
most of the time it toggles the calling button doing nothing :(
- OS auto translated folders fail (i.e.: "C:\Utilisateurs\" need "C:\Users\" showing "UTILISATEURS")
- Dynamic folders fail localized or not ("C:\user\<USERNAME>\Music" showing "MUSIQUE")
- not ASCII only fail (i.e. "c:\MesVidéo" maybe Encoding/Casing related showing "MES VIDÉOS")
- OS auto translated folders with not ASCII (i.e.: "Vidéos" ou"Téléchargement" )
the rsi script using sideview_title is working in all these cases, even if location change (i.e.: any user)

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 10:31 am
Not sure why it doesn't work for you, although I only tried with English Windows.
It is indeed possible that the translation is only done for display and not for the actual path.
Anyway, 'c:\users\username\Music' worked fine here, and unicode names in path worked fine as well

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 1:09 pm
Adion wrote :
sideview "e:\new videos"
Should work I think

Thanks Adion, I literally had this in there and it did not work. I copy and pasted yours and it worked first shot. I must have done something wrong.

Thanks again for the help everyone! I am learning a bit from all the ideas.

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 8:56 pm
In your previous post you wrote 2 backslash instead of 1,maybe your original script had this too

Posted Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 5:03 am
Hi all

I want to know if any one has made a script for the ask the dj that one can use with the new network controle?
or if any one can help me with the scripts for ask the dj.

thank you

Posted Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 11:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is no script that sends to the ask folder.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 12:26 pm
just an idea :
yet... until locodog's experiment with his plugin .. open thing, paste and click;)
that's one of the possibility, working for adding cue actions, it can be modified to open answer box paste text and send

currently requests from askthedj can be retreive using "get_browsed_song message" (when browsing askthedj) and "get_browsed_song from"
(old automatic karaoke experiments years ago)

Posted Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 12:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
not that nico check your pm

Posted Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 12:48 pm
I want to make a custom button that will toggle the folders tab on the left, and the info tab on the right simultaneously

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 12:12 am